Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd park the bus if I was him. This team has a knack for conceding from nowhere. No matter who's in defense, someone manages to cock up for at least couple of goal chances per game.

Some 2-3 clean sheet games in a row would be nice, regardless of wins or draws.

We’re the most boring and predictable team this league has ever seen.

I dont know how some fans keep fooling themselves.

I must admit they suckered me in when we were top of the table but as usual the players heads dropped the first time things didnt go our way & the manager goes all stubborn and keeps making the same mistakes & constantly fiddling with the team.

Just like Silva he refuses to pick a team/system and STICK WITH IT.

How can the team/defence gel if the bloke is changing it every single week.

How can the players be motivated if kin Siggurdsson keeps getting picked despite it being obvious he doesnt give a toss.

£11 million he must be laughing his way to the bank I could set us up better for a tenth of that.

Ok so it’s not stupid and reckless to not play fullbacks in the premier league for two weeks on the run? Nkonkou has shown enough to warrant a game. So get your head out his bottom dear.
Shown enough to who? You on the training ground every day carrying Big Duncs stopwatch to know he's showing enough? Only the management know why he's not playing. Also fact the he's not playing our full backs tells that we're woefully lacking in the FB's positions.

I dont know how some fans keep fooling themselves.

I must admit they suckered me in when we were top of the table but as usual the players heads dropped the first time things didnt go our way & the manager goes all stubborn and keeps making the same mistakes & constantly fiddling with the team.

Just like Silva he refuses to pick a team/system and STICK WITH IT.

How can the team/defence gel if the bloke is changing it every single week.

How can the players be motivated if kin Siggurdsson keeps getting picked despite it being obvious he doesnt give a toss.

£11 million he must be laughing his way to the bank I could set us up better for a tenth of that.
It just hurts more this time because we all thought that we had someone who finally knew what they were doing.

The thing is, if he just replaced injured players with like for like, no one could complain.

Carlo is not going anywhere, nor should he in my opinion, however, neither should he be immune to criticism. It’s bad enough playing players out of position, but, to play them out of position due to injuries and then to change the system so that none of the back 5 know what position they should be in, that way lies madness.

I am not sure what Kenny and Nkounkou have to do to get in the side when they are the only fit full backs we have. Likewise Gordon, surely he should be on the bench to be used as an impact sub at the very least. Now I’m not saying Kenny is a good right back, just the only fit one we have at this moment, the same applies to Nkounkou, yes he’s raw and unproven, but seriously, Delph at left wing back, that was only ever going to end one way.

It seems to me that Carlo May expect just a little too much from the players at Everton. It’s fine to change formation and expect players of the quality he was used to at PSG, Real and Bayern To cope, but, when you are expecting Keane, Mina, Iwobi, Godfrey or Holgate to adapt it is a different matter.

My final concern is what kind of signal does it send out to Simms and Gordon, when they see Tosun and Siggurdsson coming off the bench.

Anyway rant over, I’m sure Carlo will sort it, but, he cannot expect to perform the way he has in the past few games and not get some stick. Good job we’re not playing in front of 40000 Evertonians, the boos would tell the story.

GladysBlue reminds me of another very regular poster who seems to have vanished. I hope he is OK. His name was (is) Dave, or something like that. He guarantees 100% perpetual negativity, and must be chained perpetually to the keyboard to keep it up. I hope Father Christmas beats the virus restrictions and brings him a smile he can wear at least on one day.

Carlo is not going anywhere, nor should he in my opinion, however, neither should he be immune to criticism. It’s bad enough playing players out of position, but, to play them out of position due to injuries and then to change the system so that none of the back 5 know what position they should be in, that way lies madness.

I am not sure what Kenny and Nkounkou have to do to get in the side when they are the only fit full backs we have. Likewise Gordon, surely he should be on the bench to be used as an impact sub at the very least. Now I’m not saying Kenny is a good right back, just the only fit one we have at this moment, the same applies to Nkounkou, yes he’s raw and unproven, but seriously, Delph at left wing back, that was only ever going to end one way.

It seems to me that Carlo May expect just a little too much from the players at Everton. It’s fine to change formation and expect players of the quality he was used to at PSG, Real and Bayern To cope, but, when you are expecting Keane, Mina, Iwobi, Godfrey or Holgate to adapt it is a different matter.

My final concern is what kind of signal does it send out to Simms and Gordon, when they see Tosun and Siggurdsson coming off the bench.

Anyway rant over, I’m sure Carlo will sort it, but, he cannot expect to perform the way he has in the past few games and not get some stick. Good job we’re not playing in front of 40000 Evertonians, the boos would tell the story.
He’s obviously trying to work with Gylfi and Tosun but he let Tosun go to Palace last season and the club was prepared to let Gylfi go this summer which probably tells you how much he rates the pair.

I’ve no idea if Simms is ready for first team but I think Gordon should have gone on loan this season to get game time in the championship or something. Would benefit him more than playing for the u23s.

Very hard to bring myself to post on this as I'm truly bewildered by what's happening here.

I thought the Burnley game could hopefully bring this slump to an end, however, I then saw once again not a fullback in sight with players again out of position, even though this idea had already flopped big time.

OK Kenny may not be a young Seamus or even a young Hibbo but jeez, just having him at right back allows us to play others in their true positions, and not having Niels in on the left is dumbfounding.

There must be something in what people are saying in Ancelotti's defence, ie "they must be crap in training", however even so they are pro footballers on good wages who we pay as back up, get them in the side straight away, this radical plan is failing big time. I've never seen anything like it in all the years I've followed Everton. Unfathomable.

It just hurts more this time because we all thought that we had someone who finally knew what they were doing.

The thing is, if he just replaced injured players with like for like, no one could complain.

Thats the thing - if he stuck with 433 and played Gordon out wide, Nkounkou at LB and either Holgate or Kenny at RB then as you say no one could really question him as its obvious the squad is crap and Brands is out of his depth.

But all he has done is unnecessarily put criticism/pressure on himself by being stubborn/a smart arse and playing Gomes out wide, Iwobi at LWB, Davies at RWB, Siggurdsson still getting on the pitch, Gordon and Nkounkou not given a sniff.

He's completely derailed our season through sheer stupidity.

Shown enough to who? You on the training ground every day carrying Big Duncs stopwatch to know he's showing enough? Only the management know why he's not playing. Also fact the he's not playing our full backs tells that we're woefully lacking in the FB's positions.
Correct. Do people not think if Ancelotti thought any player was good enough he would not play him. This was always going to take 3/4 years, min, to get this team anywhere near where he wants it, at which point half of this team will have moved on. So fans need to show some respect to a class manager and trust him.

Correct. Do people not think if Ancelotti thought any player was good enough he would not play him. This was always going to take 3/4 years, min, to get this team anywhere near where he wants it, at which point half of this team will have moved on. So fans need to show some respect to a class manager and trust him.
Mate you're dealing with the most inpatient, demanding, bi polar fans base in British football.

It takes 3 or 4 years to get 7th place?

FFS. He’s getting paid £11M PER YEAR.

Are you telling me he can’t sort of a defence given the players he’s got?

The fella is coasting and failing big time.

He's still having to work with Brands' rubbish, but there's no reason I can see why we cant have that left side injected with the pace of Nkoukou and Gordon.

The team is chronically slow. We've had some very good counter attacking players in the recent past and we dont have that option anymore. And today's game was only drawn because a change of shape was forced on him.

I'll start seriously judging him if after the next window he hasn't at least begun to sort this mess out. I dont see a style or plan here and it's very concerning.

It takes 3 or 4 years to get 7th place?

FFS. He’s getting paid £11M PER YEAR.

Are you telling me he can’t sort of a defence given the players he’s got?

The fella is coasting and failing big time.

Wolves got that in their first season in the Prem, add in Leeds, Saints & WHU all above us with worse players.

Its the Silva first season transition BS excuses all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back