Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would you rather have to do that than him?

Because if we fire Ancelotti after a year, because we're 7/8th, then no top-class manager is going to look at us.

And we've tried the young, 'style over substance' manager approach already.
I think we need a manager with everything to prove to reset the club and with that hunger in him. What we need is a 2002 Moyes.

What we have is a manager who has done it all and has retirement in his sights.

Mate surely you have to accept though that we just can't keep hiring and firing managers? it's been a perpetual cycle and clearly isn't working long term. Let's at least give a world renowned manager the term of his contract to at least see what he can do in that time? it's not like we're getting relegated any time soon.. so what's the rush to punt him?

People put words in my mouth - I've said time and time again we wont sack him as we cant afford to with his salary - but im not going to pretend we have lots to play for as the rot has truly set in and once that happens recent history tells you we dont rise from the ashes and smash it 2nd half of the season.

We have a loser mentality and a squad of unfit players who dont care and dont run through brick walls for the manager.

Its as simple as that - Carlo could change things but he refuses just like every manager did before him post Moyes so why expect anything else?

The definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Thats Everton for you.

They are when a John Aldridge managed team (that ended up fighting relegation to whats now League One) walks over your team with ease to the point that you walk out of Goodison after an hour for the first and only time in 25 years of support because you can't take anymore
Or you lose 5-0 at home to the rs with rush scoring 4.

Read some comments - they do
That's up to them isn't it. This ain't Russia under Putin. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. For me i think it's disappointing, that we are still seeing these sort of performances, considering that Ancelotti has been here, for nearly a year.

I still think he needs time to turn this around.He has the winning cv, that a Martinez Koeman and Silva can only dream of. But we seem to be sleepwalking, into another season of mid table nothingness. The league Cup game with United, now takes on extra importance imo.

Exactly, as long as there’s no danger of relegation we have to break the pattern of firing managers. We need an Everton squad that doesn’t contain the train wrecks that were brought in by Koeman in the 17/18 season. They are a millstone on the club that has set us back 5 years. Until they’re cleared out even good players won’t make a difference to the team when Pickford could drop it in the ent at any moment Keane turns slower than the QE2 and Sigurdsson is the invisible man who can’t run.

You can't really achieve in football when you're carrying players.

Even the best of the sides from the Moyes era, 1 to 11 you could rely on.

I know it was one game, and Duncan would never be considered a manager here, ever, but do you remember the commitment and dynamism in the Chelsea game last year?

Compare that to now. Why can't Carlo motivate those same players to bring that intensity every game? He's paid to motivate and coach them. It ain't very good at the minute. We were better today, against a very poor Burnley side, but we shouldn't be happy with drawing with relegation fodder should we?

Carlo has been here 1 year
Like I’ve said before Rome wasn’t built in a day
I think we have a better squad than last season after one proper window
It’s easy to see what our problems are and Carlo will sort this out.
This squad had too many cowards and not winners
Our passing from some players is really poor and frustrates the life out of me. We need to improve this and I’m sure it will over time

I think we need a manager with everything to prove to reset the club and with that hunger in him. What we need is a 2002 Moyes.

What we have is a manager who has done it all and has retirement in his sights.

I don't think it necessarily matters the managers age more so the managers personality.

For a club like us who has a losers mentality we needed a Mourinho type who instills that nasty, aggressive mentality. Problem with us is we appoint the same type of manager regardless of experience/honours:

Martinez: Mr Nice
Silva: Nice Guy/quiet church mouse
Carlo: Such a gentleman

Koeman aside (who spent half his time on the golf course) we appoint managers to be the players best friend and not someone who would throw them under the bus on TV if they weren't putting in a shift.

Can you imagine Siggurdsson given the captains armband and still playing for us under a Jose/Biesla/Simeone type?

Absolutely no chance

Just read in the Iwobi thread that multiple CL and league title winner Carlo Ancelotti doesn't know how to train players.

Thank god the resident got experts can really point out a FRAUD like him from the comfort of their crap stained bed sheets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back