2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have done f all for 30 years and people want to hound out one of the most successful people of this said era.
Just because we have spent a money and used to be good means nothing, everyone spends big now, we have a load of 30m pound players, Arsenal, Chelsea, RS, Utd etc have a load of 50-70m pound players. Even if we give him 3 years and its still poop, so what! It's all we have had for decades anyway.
Get behind him and whoever puts the shirt on and stop being little bishes.

I stopped reading at “he has fundamentally the same squad. No he hasn’t, he’s signed Allan, doucoure, Godfrey and friggin james Rodrigues...... imagine Southampton pulling that off........
That’s 4 players, for that reason there needs to be progress... outside of that the other 26 players are the ones he’s inherited.
As for Godfrey, he is doing a job but really whoever the manager is in 2 years time will really see the benefit of him as he’s young and come from a relegated Norwich side so needs to be molded over time.

We have done f all for 30 years and people want to hound out one of the most successful people of this said era.
Just because we have spent a money and used to be good means nothing, everyone spends big now, we have a load of 30m pound players, Arsenal, Chelsea, RS, Utd etc have a load of 50-70m pound players. Even if we give him 3 years and its still poop, so what! It's all we have had for decades anyway.
Get behind him and whoever puts the shirt on and stop being little bishes.
Except no one is saying we should be competing with the clubs you mentioned just yet.

We want Europa League, ffs. A manager on £11m p/a and with the likes of Richarlison, James, Digne, etc should be delivering it.

Carlo still has to manage the players he has at his disposal. There seems to be a view held that another manager would be able to get long term higher levels of performance out of these limited players maybe due to some sort of rock solid tactical set up whereas Carlo has an old fashioned brand of man management and pragmatism that only works in a short term on top players.

I don’t see this. We’ve tried the other approach, Koeman, Silva, they have a single way of playing and you get a short term burst from some players but then performances nosedive. The league works out the tactics and then when performances go south the managers have no answer. See Arteta currently. The players stop playing for them and they get fired. Rinse and repeat.

Good man management and pragmatism might be exactly what’s needed for this squad. Keep some of these clowns onside for long enough until they can be shipped out.

It is impossible to answer.

I'm pretty sure Ancelotti is excellent at handling players and he knows football (no Sacchi students are incompetent in this area). But football is constantly evolving. It is not enough to be a good manager, but you must have the best possible people around you. There are so many factors you need to consider. Physiology, data analysis, psychology, etc.

The game is also evolving, and the last decade has been characterized by more sprints, and more running. So the players must be in top physical shape to withstand the intensity, and to avoid injuries. Here you must be up to date with the latest in science.

One must have passion, and constantly seek to improve oneself. Sacchi (Sacchi is a good friend of Ancelotti) touched on this topic when Ancelotti was fired in Bayern, and suggested that Ancelotti did not have the same passion as before.

To sum up, I have no doubt that Ancelotti is a good coach, but I doubt more whether he himself has developed, has the same passion, and whether he has the best possible people around him. If we are to take the next steps, we must be innovative, and take advantage of all the small factors that can benefit us.

Just some odds on managers to be sacked, even the bookies know that Carlo is untouchable because he's at the bottom of the list despite current form. I wish some fans could see the bigger picture better.

Except no one is saying we should be competing with the clubs you mentioned just yet.

We want Europa League, ffs. A manager on £11m p/a and with the likes of Richarlison, James, Digne, etc should be delivering it.
Rs, City, Utd, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal all miles better squad than us that's 6 spots. Can give him 50m p/a, he is still picking from Gylfi, Bernard or Tom Davies to come on and change a game.

Rs, City, Utd, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal all miles better squad than us that's 6 spots. Can give him 50m p/a, he is still picking from Gylfi, Bernard or Tom Davies to come on and change a game.
I’d argue we have an equal squad to Arsenal but even if you are correct, it still leave 7th place.

Disagree, their squad is poor and they aren’t finishing in the top 6 this season anyway.
They still have signed Party, Pepe, Aubameyang, Lacazette et all for huge money, just saying we cant expect to be top 7 because we have a load of £30-£40m players, everyone around us has them and more too including Arsenal.

I’d argue we have an equal squad to Arsenal but even if you are correct, it still leave 7th place.
Yes and then it's a battle royale for 1 position. Hopefully we are up there but wont be a disaster if not as long as we improve again big next summer. I dread to think where our midfield of Siggy, Gomez and Davies with Walcott or Bernard on the wing would have had us this year. We have improved no doubt and need to keep going. The manager is not a concern at all at this point.

Yes and then it's a battle royale for 1 position. Hopefully we are up there but wont be a disaster if not as long as we improve again big next summer. I dread to think where our midfield of Siggy, Gomez and Davies with Walcott or Bernard on the wing would have had us this year. We have improved no doubt and need to keep going. The manager is not a concern at all at this point.
We haven’t improved, look at the run of form we’re on! The 4 game winning streak is the anomaly over his time here.

Ancelotti himself said that Europe is the objective. Failure to get it will be failing by his own admission.

The manager’s decisions are playing a big part in this unacceptable run of form.

This has to be a joke? Arteta isn’t doing a good job but look at that squad and who doesn’t get in our first team?

Leno is miles better than any keeper we have.

Gabriel is better than all our centrebacks. So is David Luiz.

Digne edges out Tierney.

Partey is ahead of any midfielder we have. So is Ozil. Ceballos is far better than Gomes. Then their backup players like Elneny Xhaka Willock Maitland Niles are streets ahead of Davies Sigurdsson Delph, absolute miles ahead.

The two team’s front threes are probably equal but the difference is that we have Tosun and Gordon as the replacements if we get a single injury to any of the three. They have Willian, Martinelli, Neketiah, Reiss Nelson. All of these are options are better than ours.

Their squad is miles ahead of ours. The only reason some consider it not to be is because their players are currently hugely underperforming whereas I’d argue some of ours are performing to par and some are over performing.

Just think the issue is depth of squad and even with one or 2 out from a first choice 11 the team struggles. Pretty sure when the fist choice 11 have been available we haven't lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back