Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they fell for any line - they spun that line to their fans. Arsenal couldn't afford Ancelotti and a project with him at the helm.

Arteta would have been a classic "plucky Everton" appointment. Had he succeeded, he'd have been off as soon as a "bigger" club came calling, just as he was as a player. I don't hold that against him - his departure was a simple statement of our irrelevance.

In time, I would not be surprised if the Ancelotti/Arteta sliding doors moment will be looked at as the precise point when Everton surpassed Arsenal in the relevance stakes.

Of course, none of this is to say Arteta won't get the win on Saturday. This league, and Everton's form, is topsy-turvy. Until Carlo has a team mainly comprised of his own trusted lieutenants, this Everton side will take us on a rollercoaster.

SOME OF THE ANCELOTTI PRE MATCH ARSENAL P/C

Allan Injury Update​

Had a problem on his hamstring. We don't know how long it will be.
We don't know how many games.

Coleman and James Rodriguez Latest​

Ancelotti says Coleman available and James Rodriguez still out

Fabian Delph Update​

Delph doing "individual treatment" but not yet able to put a timeframe on his return

Carlo on Subs​

Nine substitutions on the bench is really good news.

Ancelotti Advice for Arteta​

Our job is difficult and complicated and there is pressure but it is normal.
Everyone has to reach a target, a goal. Arsenal maybe has another goal from other teams but it is the same for every manager.
I don’t need to give advice to Arteta in this sense.

Are Everton Better Without James​

No, no, I don’t think so,” Carlo Ancelotti laughs.
It is true in the last two games we had clean sheets but the toughest clean sheet on the opening day of the season [at Tottenham Hotspur] was with James. We had a period where we did not defend well as a team.

Carlo on Three or Five Subs​

Three substitutions are enough to change the game. To have five substitutions, can change the intensity of the game.
I understand some managers want five

Goalkeeper Rotation​

I consider a goalkeeper a player.
A defender, a striker may be rotated. I want to be able to rotate a goalkeeper sometimes.
I started at Real Madrid with Lopez and Casillas. There is no problem with this.
There is less chance to risk mistakes. If you stay on the bench there is more chance of mistakes.

Seamus Coleman Return​

Ancelotti on Coleman coming straight back into the team:
The most important thing is Seamus and Mason are fit to play,
Seamus has a strong desire to play. After that I have to choose the line-up

Carlo on Clean sheet​

I think that it’s concentration. It’s true that this game we had a clean sheet, the block was low so we left less pace behind us.
I think that was the reason of the clean sheet. Concentration and low block

Abdoulaye Doucoure Praise​

The skills Doucoure has, he can play everywhere on the pitch.
He can play in the 10, in behind, in front of the defence. He has a fantastic ability for the transition when we have the ball.
He is fantastic box-to-box. I am really pleased and really surprised. I didn’t know him as well as what I have seen this season.
I think he is one of the best French midfielders around and I think he can go to the national team.

Champions League Dreams​

We have to consider the top of the table is very compressed.
City are a little bit back, so it is so, so compressed.
We don’t want to look too far. Arsenal is an important game against a strong team.
We prepare to win and do our best.
The momentum is good and we want to keep it good.

James Rodriguez Injury​

We have games every three days! He misses three games because there is three games in a week.
It is a problem with his calf. Nothing special.

SOME OF THE ANCELOTTI PRE MATCH ARSENAL P/C

Allan Injury Update​

Had a problem on his hamstring. We don't know how long it will be.
We don't know how many games.

Coleman and James Rodriguez Latest​

Ancelotti says Coleman available and James Rodriguez still out

Fabian Delph Update​

Delph doing "individual treatment" but not yet able to put a timeframe on his return

Carlo on Subs​

Nine substitutions on the bench is really good news.

Ancelotti Advice for Arteta​

Our job is difficult and complicated and there is pressure but it is normal.
Everyone has to reach a target, a goal. Arsenal maybe has another goal from other teams but it is the same for every manager.
I don’t need to give advice to Arteta in this sense.

Are Everton Better Without James​

No, no, I don’t think so,” Carlo Ancelotti laughs.
It is true in the last two games we had clean sheets but the toughest clean sheet on the opening day of the season [at Tottenham Hotspur] was with James. We had a period where we did not defend well as a team.

Carlo on Three or Five Subs​

Three substitutions are enough to change the game. To have five substitutions, can change the intensity of the game.
I understand some managers want five

Goalkeeper Rotation​

I consider a goalkeeper a player.
A defender, a striker may be rotated. I want to be able to rotate a goalkeeper sometimes.
I started at Real Madrid with Lopez and Casillas. There is no problem with this.
There is less chance to risk mistakes. If you stay on the bench there is more chance of mistakes.

Seamus Coleman Return​

Ancelotti on Coleman coming straight back into the team:
The most important thing is Seamus and Mason are fit to play,
Seamus has a strong desire to play. After that I have to choose the line-up

Carlo on Clean sheet​

I think that it’s concentration. It’s true that this game we had a clean sheet, the block was low so we left less pace behind us.
I think that was the reason of the clean sheet. Concentration and low block

Abdoulaye Doucoure Praise​

The skills Doucoure has, he can play everywhere on the pitch.
He can play in the 10, in behind, in front of the defence. He has a fantastic ability for the transition when we have the ball.
He is fantastic box-to-box. I am really pleased and really surprised. I didn’t know him as well as what I have seen this season.
I think he is one of the best French midfielders around and I think he can go to the national team.

Champions League Dreams​

We have to consider the top of the table is very compressed.
City are a little bit back, so it is so, so compressed.
We don’t want to look too far. Arsenal is an important game against a strong team.
We prepare to win and do our best.
The momentum is good and we want to keep it good.

James Rodriguez Injury​

We have games every three days! He misses three games because there is three games in a week.
It is a problem with his calf. Nothing special.
Did he mention Gblammo?

Did he mention Gblammo?
tenor.gif

Love these "is Everton better without James" questions. Press trying hard to unsettle players as usual. These bums with no knowledge of writing about anything unless it's utter bs and sensationalism, cause apparently that's the only thing that sells. Who ever heard of quality?

Also, kinda happy James is not playing tomorrow. Without Allan on midfield it'd probably turn up to be a really bad defensive display imo.

We all know having the 5 sub rules favours the clubs with the best squads no matter how the likes of klopp like to try to spin it with his recent quote of not allowing it is "ignoring player welfare"

Anyway Carlo has sat him down and back in the bin with this quote ..

Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti insisted three subs are "enough to change the game" and added: "If you need to rest players, you do that at the beginning of the game, not sub him after 60 or 70 minutes."

Source = https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55365095

Apologies if this has been quoted before but its too good to miss! He's a wise old thing is our Carlo!

Love these "is Everton better without James" questions. Press trying hard to unsettle players as usual. These bums with no knowledge of writing about anything unless it's utter bs and sensationalism, cause apparently that's the only thing that sells. Who ever heard of quality?

Also, kinda happy James is not playing tomorrow. Without Allan on midfield it'd probably turn up to be a really bad defensive display imo.
They want James to fail so they could be proved right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back