Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if it's not by default, then you're agreeing with my original point that If we lost the Chelsea match, some people would have said it was the wrong team. I never mentioned the manner of any hypothetical defeat.

I'm sure you just like to be argumentative.
I genuinely have no idea what you’re getting at here. Of course I agree that some people would have said it was the wrong team if we’d lost, that was literally the entire point of what I said? I don’t want to be argumentative on a forum designed for people to give different opinions though, gosh that would be awful.

European football this season seems to be essential in the ‘project’ Moshiri has. I think that has been made clear given Ancelotti’s top 4 comments by the end of next season.

It’s the same three year plan Koeman had, although he utterly failed to deliver on it. It makes sense, keep getting into positions in Europe where eventually you capitalise on weakness in the teams above to finish top 4. Spurs did it under Pochettino, Leicester with Ranieri and almost with Rodgers. Who knows where each of the sky six will be next season. If Klopp Guardiola or Mourinho left for any reason any of those teams could drop out of the top 4.

As many have claimed, qualifying for Europe is the goal of the season. That is what we are going to judge Ancelotti on. Fortunately, we have broken the negative trend, and everything is still theoretically possible. It will be exciting to see where we are at the end of the season. Until then, I will not say much more about Ancelotti.

As many have claimed, qualifying for Europe is the goal of the season. That is what we are going to judge Ancelotti on. Fortunately, we have broken the negative trend, and everything is still theoretically possible. It will be exciting to see where we are at the end of the season. Until then, I will not say much more about Ancelotti.

I don't think it's a case of everything being theoretically possible. Having played all the top teams in the league, we are in the European places and within 2 points of 2nd. We are missing several key players too. We look on track to get European football, and potentially even challenge for the top 4.

I think the club hierarchy, and Ancelotti, would happily take European qualification in any form, albeit the new Conference League is less than appealing, for me anyway. But I'm not saying it wouldn't represent progress of a sort.

Qualification for that though, if it came to that, would have to be managed very carefully. But that would be next seasons problem.

Lets get there first and try to make further progress in the LC. It's tough to see us winning it, but we absolutely can.

If Ancelotti could deliver a pot so soon, then its as significant for us as getting into the Top 4 without a doubt.

I think the club hierarchy, and Ancelotti, would happily take European qualification in any form, albeit the new Conference League is less than appealing, for me anyway. But I'm not saying it wouldn't represent progress of a sort.

Qualification for that though, if it came to that, would have to be managed very carefully. But that would be next seasons problem.

Lets get there first and try to make further progress in the LC. It's tough to see us winning it, but we absolutely can.

If Ancelotti could deliver a pot so soon, then its as significant for us as getting into the Top 4 without a doubt.
My totally unscientific reasoning for believing that we're going to win the League Cup is that it would be the epitome of 'Everton that' for me to follow them up and down the country for 25 years with barely a handful of truly memorable wins to keep me going, and then them win a trophy when i'm not allowed to go.

I don't think it's a case of everything being theoretically possible. Having played all the top teams in the league, we are in the European places and within 2 points of 2nd. We are missing several key players too. We look on track to get European football, and potentially even challenge for the top 4.

with players injured, we have had players suspended, players of form? We have had a barren spell. And yet we’re still they’re and Carlo has more signings to come to help

Carlo magnifico carlo fantastico ;)

the top teams generally seem to finish the seasons pretty strongly and best time to play them is early... we going to have to be a lot more consistent against the middle lower teams balance of the season.. done especially well against the top 6 but if results had gone as we expect we would be in the same position having beaten the likes of Newcastle and lost to Chelsea..
Saying that beating the top sides has helped to keep the points close and they do seem to be tossing points themselves..
Its deffo on as we stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back