Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes saying europe this season and top 4 next season are the targets.

How i hope we hit top 4 this season :)

We are too inconsistent.

The games against Southampton, Newcastle, MU, Leeds demonstrated a lack of quality, a lack of fight at times.
To the point that the wins against Chels and Leicester were a bit of a surprise and raises expectations.

Qualifying for Europe would be an excellent achievement with this current squad, but we would not get very far without additions.
Look what happened last time, we were embarrassing and our best result was when we were out and played the kids.

Top 4? I'd love it!
But for that to happen, we need to be consistent and injury free. It's a tough reach that one.

I am more than happy with 'steady progress'!

We are too inconsistent.

The games against Southampton, Newcastle, MU, Leeds demonstrated a lack of quality, a lack of fight at times.
To the point that the wins against Chels and Leicester were a bit of a surprise and raises expectations.

Qualifying for Europe would be an excellent achievement with this current squad, but we would not get very far without additions.
Look what happened last time, we were embarrassing and our best result was when we were out and played the kids.

Top 4? I'd love it!
But for that to happen, we need to be consistent and injury free. It's a tough reach that one.

Almost all other teams are inconsistent as well...

We find ourselves 5th, 2pts off second after 13 games.

Lets not forget weve also lost Richarlison, Digne, Coleman, Holgate etc for several games already.

If we did sneak 4th then i think Moshiri would be dropping alot of cash on players...hes not been shy to accelerate growth.

Need to back him not just financially this window I ain’t sitting here demanding £100 million to be spent but if we could offload Kenny and replace him with like a Dumfries and bring in a CM on loan that would give us a boost to push on.

The only issue is our back up ST is still Cenk Tosun and we haven’t yet had the need to see him for more than a handful of minutes but that could change over night.

We are going to need some luck of course but Marcel Brands can’t sit on his hands here.

I get the feeling it be a busy Jan this year in general with the Euros, players wanting away to try and make national squads (Isco and Dele Ali) and the amount of injuries most squads have.

Carlo can produce a miracle but he does needs a helping hand and if he doesn’t get it, in my eyes it’s criminal.

We are too inconsistent.

Top 4? I'd love it!

Spot on. I said it during our great start to the season that we would have a chance of top 4 if we got lucky with injuries. Well we haven't been and that will be our undoing imo for the top 4.

1st choice right back has been missing for half the games
1st choice left back will miss around 13-15 games
Back up cm injury prone (Delph)
Main cm has picked up a couple of injuries (Allan)
Rodriguez has taken a couple of knocks already

We literally needed a clean bill of health throughout.

But we can certainly try and get into Europe whether through a cup or league placing.

We'll need to strengthen in Jan for sure and I'm not sure what we'll have to spend. We'll free up the wages if Bolasie and Besic so maybe we could get two in on loan.

European football this season seems to be essential in the ‘project’ Moshiri has. I think that has been made clear given Ancelotti’s top 4 comments by the end of next season.

I didn't say by default though did i? I said there would be a reasonable argument. The two are really quite different.

If we'd played exactly the same way but they'd got a penalty out of nothing instead of us then you could say it was the right team and just unlucky. We do that pretty often I think, accept that we've performed well but not got the result. If we'd lost 4-0 and Godfrey had a nightmare at left back then it would be completely different. You'd then have to at least consider the possibility that it wasn't the right team. We'll never know what would happen with alternative teams etc, but I don't remember people saying we should keep Silva or Koeman because you just don't know whether the games would have gone differently in an alternative reality. As I said, it's pretty obvious stuff really.

Well, if it's not by default, then you're agreeing with my original point that If we lost the Chelsea match, some people would have said it was the wrong team. I never mentioned the manner of any hypothetical defeat.

I'm sure you just like to be argumentative.

The balance of opinions needs to level out. Its been as clear as anything since day 1 the squad needed a complete shake up. It was very unbalanced and lacking real proper quality. Like the fact the squad has been used in last two wins but it hasnt changed that much for me. Quality still needed and no matter how many times its been said he has only had one transfer window.
So if we win a few he's not the greatest thing since sliced bread and if we lose a few stop wetting the effing bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back