Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hope carlo never leaves, he'll get us to where we want to be. It won't be this season, but he's only had one real transfer window with us so far and we've improved massively. We'll continue to improve once the endless stream of deadwood moves on and he gets his players in. He's respected in the game by everyone and he's a real draw for genuine quality players. If you can't see this yourself, then maybe football isn't for you. Win, lose or draw, I love the man.

Blood from a stone is pretty accurate right now. Currently sitting 2nd when i look at this squad is pretty remarkable as i still feels its unbalanced and has a goalkeeper who throws up more question marks than answers.
The current availability (or lack of) is what interests me. With both fullbacks out we've had adapt to not using those as much in the attacking sense. But gained in others. Only goal conceded 270 mins being a pen. And that stat of attacks on our goal in 2nd halves of games is staggering. Would and should coleman and digne get back into the side when available.
We all saw the issues at the start of the season when winning 5 on the bounce. Scoring plenty but letting in plenty. Thats just a dam that will eventualy burst. We're currently 2nd because we have shut up shop at the back.
Lots of work still needed here in the transfer market. 1 or 2 top mobile midfielders would be nice esp with pace. I have no issue sitting deep. Lots of top sides do it when they have quality to hit you. Our current defenders have shown we can only play this way anyway.
Keeper and 2 midfielders in the next transfer windows please.
Absolutely. What we need to have is the option of playing both ways depending on circumstances. Right now, Carlo has no real attacking options and he has found a formula to maximise the defensive side while maintaining an offensive threat of sorts. He's got that balance right for teams with some good players (Chelsea, Leicester, and Arsenal). What he now needs to do is find an optimal balance for playing sides with inferior players. In some ways this is harder. Sheffield United will be a good test. I suspect we don't have that right now and this is why he needs to be supported in the transfer window. Let's not fool ourselves, Ancelotti is making a good fist of what he has, but many of these players cannot be relied on consistently. I fully expect turbulence and a rollercoaster between now and the end of the season (maybe even between now and the end of December), but we've got to be clear-eyed and see the big picture: until he has the players he needs to vary his tactical options depending on need, he'll just be making the best of a pretty mediocre bunch. We got to back him again in January.

Absolutely. What we need to have is the option of playing both ways depending on circumstances. Right now, Carlo has no real attacking options and he has found a formula to maximise the defensive side while maintaining an offensive threat of sorts. He's got that balance right for teams with some good players (Chelsea, Leicester, and Arsenal). What he now needs to do is find an optimal balance for playing sides with inferior players. In some ways this is harder. Sheffield United will be a good test. I suspect we don't have that right now and this is why he needs to be supported in the transfer window. Let's not fool ourselves, Ancelotti is making a good fist of what he has, but many of these players cannot be relied on consistently. I fully expect turbulence and a rollercoaster between now and the end of the season (maybe even between now and the end of December), but we've got to be clear-eyed and see the big picture: until he has the players he needs to vary his tactical options depending on need, he'll just be making the best of a pretty mediocre bunch. We got to back him again in January.
Everton main problem is lack of pace in the team.
We done really well the last few games by defending deep and taking advantage of set plays, when we play lesser teams who will defend more then Chelsea/Leicester/Arsenal James will be vital for unlocking the door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back