Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a win looked within our grasp but that game tonight we lose under any of the 4 previous managers, I've no doubts at all about that.

The set-up was spot on and Leicester really looked short on ideas before Pickford threw that equaliser in. Carlo though is grinding us out points nearly every game and getting all the big decisions right. Time to bring Olsen in now though and leave him in.

I think he recognised that Leicester are a season ahead of Everton in their development and they are a better team than us. Ancelotti's gameplan reflected that. They showed first 15 minutes how much better than us they are and overall deserved to win.
Haha
They could have played a month of sunday's and not scored only for your mate in goal.

My only worry is with Allan 30, James 30 this year and Carlo no Spring chicken himself you feel these 2-3 seasons are vital if we are to achieve anything.

For me he simply has to be backed this window to bring in 1-2.

Nows the wrong time to put away the chequebook.

James runs games at walking pace though doesnt he? I dont really worry about him.

Allan more so. I think he will have to do that 6 job more, rather tha box to box stuff.

We need to keep adding quality over the next couple of years. Fortunately the signings have started to get better over the last year or so.

We gained a point on united and villa tonight.
Stayed within reach of Leicester and Chelsea gained no ground.
Beat Newcastle now and we are fine.
United play arsenal, West ham play the rs ,
Win and we pull away from some of them .

That's it really.

European games kick in soon too. We did today what we should have done against Leeds and West Ham, which was get something out of a game we had laboured in. I cant slaughter them for that.

Could have easily slotted Godfrey in the middle to give support to the 2 statues. They bypassed us far to easy and took all our attacking threat away. Cant rely on James wonder goals every game
I can see the thinking behind that. He'd add some bite in there. Maybe he just isn't positionally up to it right now?

James runs games at walking pace though doesnt he? I dont really worry about him.

Allan more so. I think he will have to do that 6 job more, rather tha box to box stuff.

We need to keep adding quality over the next couple of years. Fortunately the signings have started to get better over the last year or so.

Makelele done it all the way through to about 34 solidly. I don’t worry about Allan.

Barry too to be fair did it until 33-34?

The weird thing is if Spurs and Liverpool draw tomorrow then it’s actually been a very good set off fixtures for us. We’ve gained a point on United, Southampton and Villa, and maintained the gap to Chelsea Leicester (plus Spurs and Liverpool if they draw). It’s only really Arsenal who have cut the gap a bit and City who have pulled away.

Could actually be a good round of results for us considering we had no midfield and up against a very difficult fixture.

Here’s where Liverpool win tomorrow now to ruin all that.

The weird thing is if Spurs and Liverpool draw tomorrow then it’s actually been a very good set off fixtures for us. We’ve gained a point on United, Southampton and Villa, and maintained the gap to Chelsea Leicester (plus Spurs and Liverpool if they draw). It’s only really Arsenal who have cut the gap a bit and City who have pulled away.

Could actually be a good round of results for us considering we had no midfield and up against a very difficult fixture.

Not sure if that does ruin it. You would expect City Utd and the rs to be the top 3, and Spurs to be in our "league" fighting for 4th to 11th as it's now looking.

Said the same above. Every point counts .
I think that we will finish between 7th and 4th.
City, United, rs, spurs , Leicester, Chelsea and us will be in the top 7. We can now grind out results. I don't see West ham , villa or arsenal ahead of us. Europe would be a decent season

Thats it, and most of the above had easier fixtures than us.

I felt if we were within 5 when the European games kicked off we had a chance (obviously after equal games, so will be hard to measure).

I suspect Ancelotti will be quite pleased today. Unlike Leeds or West Ham we saw the game out. We will be close to Leicester after 38 and those 3 points on the swing could be critical.

We composed well after conceding, and actually created the best chance to win it. Leicester who had bossed it up until the goal let us get away with one their.

It's the old cliche, but under any of the previous managers post Moyes, we buckle and lose that game.

We move on. I fancy us for 6 in the next 2, and if we did that, it will seem an excellent point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back