Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The task before Ancelotti was to drag us out of the horrible mire previous managers had left us in and then somehow get us into a European place. Despite still having some headless slugs around the gaff, he is on course to do this.

The "I want it all and I want it now" is understandable after the nonsense we've had to watch for so long but only the most deluded would be happy with what he is doing.

I've now joined the "Pickford out" camp and hope Moshiri / Usmanov gives him serious backing in the summer. I believe next season is the one where we should be cautiously optimistic about our chances ... though we'd do well to remember that others probably have to fail for us to succeed. Can't see us assembling a team of world beaters who don't rely on others' defeats any time soon IMO.

The future is bright! Let's enjoy the ride rather than obsess about the occasional disappointment.

We could have been 4th heading into February with two games in hand.

You're raging I am fuming.
Still can and much more with Newcastle and Leeds coming up with few days between each other. We can fume into the top 3. Feeeewwwmm

Screenshot_20210128-200536.webp

I am accepting of the occasional negative performance like yesterday when key personnel are unavailable. If we tried to go toe to toe with Leicester yesterday we would have got beat. We have shown when our first team is available we can be quite progressive. What I found strange yesterday was how there were no changes made after 60 mins when the pattern for the game was set and we were just repelling wave after wave. Even if it did not work it could have slowed the game down and disrupted their rhythm.

I am accepting of the occasional negative performance like yesterday when key personnel are unavailable. If we tried to go toe to toe with Leicester yesterday we would have got beat. We have shown when our first team is available we can be quite progressive. What I found strange yesterday was how there were no changes made after 60 mins when the pattern for the game was set and we were just repelling wave after wave. Even if it did not work it could have slowed the game down and disrupted their rhythm.
It’s the lack of balance in the squad. Once Doucoure and Allan are out of CM we’re in dire straits in terms of legs in the middle of the park. I’m not sure we had many options that would have changed the game. I might have brought Iwobi on earlier but Richarlison and James carry more goal threat I guess.

Saw on Reddit that we have now had 38 games, a whole seasons worth, with Ancelotti in charge

We've gotten 63 points in that time frame, enough for 5th last year and usually good enough for Europa

Of course it's not a perfect comparison but a clear sign of progress

Saw on Reddit that we have now had 38 games, a whole seasons worth, with Ancelotti in charge

We've gotten 63 points in that time frame, enough for 5th last year and usually good enough for Europa

Of course it's not a perfect comparison but a clear sign of progress

I thought that was a poor stat myself. We were terrible after the COVID break because there was nothing to play for.

if anything I would say conservatively we’re on course for 60ish points from the way we are going this season. And 70 points would be a very good season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back