Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good man management from Ancelotti. He knows Andre is a confidence player. Picking him out for praise will do him the world of good. I actually thing he's played better in other games, but his pass to Digne for the 1st goal was a perfect idea ball.
It was a good ball, but time and space to pick it out. Not convinced Gomes is up to it but was a good performance. And I agree. Carlo singling him out to boost his confidence and ego. What we need.

Really interested to see what he does with the team. The start of the season suggested he wants to be more progressive and possession based.

However, he's quickly realised that this season we are going to have to grind results out. This has kept us up the table and provides a platform- but the margins have been wafer thin and it doesn'ttake much imaginationto see where we could have dropped points.

The club acted very smartly in the summer to correct the main issues in midfield. I trust Carlo to move us on again this summer. Probably focusing on a handful of first team ready top class players.

Never seen him angry until dcl didn't play Richy in and had scuffed shot instead.

DCL's main issue really. All of his goals are predatory (which is fantastic, a streak he needed to have to succeed), but how many goes does he score when he has time? when he has space and has to show conviction? That is his next step, being able to carry it and create the chance himself, like he did last night and then have the ability to be accurate with regular shots.

He has come a long way has DCL, but there is still that issue he needs to sort if he's going to do the business for 4-5-6-7 years.

DCL and Richy aren't helping each other at all currently. Both choosing the wrong options time and again whereas they linked well last year. Or it seems that way to me at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back