Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCL's main issue really. All of his goals are predatory (which is fantastic, a streak he needed to have to succeed), but how many goes does he score when he has time? when he has space and has to show conviction? That is his next step, being able to carry it and create the chance himself, like he did last night and then have the ability to be accurate with regular shots.

He has come a long way has DCL, but there is still that issue he needs to sort if he's going to do the business for 4-5-6-7 years.
Absolutely correct. When he doesn't have to think about it he's fine but seems a bit list when he gas time to think about it.

DCL's main issue really. All of his goals are predatory (which is fantastic, a streak he needed to have to succeed), but how many goes does he score when he has time? when he has space and has to show conviction? That is his next step, being able to carry it and create the chance himself, like he did last night and then have the ability to be accurate with regular shots.

He has come a long way has DCL, but there is still that issue he needs to sort if he's going to do the business for 4-5-6-7 years.

It’s his decision making, sometimes shooting and increasing inconsistency in hold up play that irks me.

In terms of decision making, last nights when Carlo went mental was one of a few he’s done. I remember one at Arsenal away under Silva when all he had to do was square it and Richarlison had a tap in, he chose to shoot near post which the keeper comfortably saved. There’s been a few more like that. He needs to wise up there.

Shooting, I think the lads heading ability outweighs his shooting. Look at that header v Spurs away, sublime header, a header v Palace at home a couple of years ago was superb too. His shooting is weak imo and at times it’s like he has no power to shoot or it’s far too wayward. It’s odd. He’s a number 9 yet his shooting is weak. He lacks that clinical edge you see in others.

His hold up play is inconsistent too, he did a lovely quick trap then flicked it on to Digne far left last night, then other times the ball is hit into him and he can’t control it and it’s lost too easily.

He’s a young lad, still learning and his record so far their season is good, I just wish we had a more clinical player, more or a finished article not only for the threat to the opposition but for DCL to improve with and learn.

It’s his decision making, sometimes shooting and increasing inconsistency in hold up play that irks me.

In terms of decision making, last nights when Carlo went mental was one of a few he’s done. I remember one at Arsenal away under Silva when all he had to do was square it and Richarlison had a tap in, he chose to shoot near post which the keeper comfortably saved. There’s been a few more like that. He needs to wise up there.

Shooting, I think the lads heading ability outweighs his shooting. Look at that header v Spurs away, sublime header, a header v Palace at home a couple of years ago was superb too. His shooting is weak imo and at times it’s like he has no power to shoot or it’s far too wayward. It’s odd. He’s a number 9 yet his shooting is weak. He lacks that clinical edge you see in others.

His hold up play is inconsistent too, he did a lovely quick trap then flicked it on to Digne far left last night, then other times the ball is hit into him and he can’t control it and it’s lost too easily.

He’s a young lad, still learning and his record so far their season is good, I just wish we had a more clinical player, more or a finished article not only for the threat to the opposition but for DCL to improve with and learn.
He'd benefit from a striking partner,but doubt we'll play with two up top much this season.

I'd say he'd be terrifying when he looses it.

Absolutely. Usually the more calm someone appears, the more scary it is when they lose it and I'd definitely not want to be on the end of a tirade from him.

I have no doubt he'll have made it abundantly clear how much the whole team let him, themselves and the club down on Saturday.

The issue with that though is he's played the "question the team's effort in public" card. It's good that it seems to have worked here but can't be doing that again anytime soon as it points to something deeper.

Delighted to see Carlo's passion yesterday as others have commented on. Can tell he's not winding down as he gets on, he really wants to make a success of things here and I think if we can get another couple of key players he wants, he can mould us into a proper top 4 contender.

King could work well with him imo, as he’s got genuine pace and could feed off the aerial balls DCL so often wins, but rarely has someone running beyond him in the central area.
Hopefully, because shooting isn't something you should be learning at his age. Some of the best front partnerships had one just providing the knock downs and flick ons..

Goal was wide open to the keepers right with lots of space and instead tried to go short side of the goal, right into the keeper. Long way to go for him to be elite.

King could work well with him imo, as he’s got genuine pace and could feed off the aerial balls DCL so often wins, but rarely has someone running beyond him in the central area.
If he plays as one of three, I think the pace and physicality he can offer will help open up a lot of space for Dom and Richarlison if he can play direct.

Right now, we're limited when Iwobi or Bernard are playing because they can't play off the front line or really threaten with direct runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back