2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a while since an Everton manager could say he’s proud of the team and mean it

Spirit is growing
I like how he said I'm proud of my team. Like he owns it, takes accountability for it and is with the players. He's a brilliant manager and since he's been here, you get to see lots of him and almost get to know him, hes a sound bloke. Can see why he's been loved wherever he's gone.

Some of the comments from the first half/half time last night look really daft now.

I honestly thought we played well. When we got hold of the ball we knocked it around with confidence, our first 2 goals came from good passing moves and the free kick at the end from a good break.

Their first 2 goals came from us giving quality players time around the edge of the box who can punish you. The 3rd Olsen had his boot laces tied together.

I think a draw was a fair result.

We are missing quality in some areas, but you can’t deny that Carlo is getting the best out of what he has to work with. The biggest thing for me at the moment is when we conceded our heads no longer drop. Over the last few years after conceding a goal our heads would drop and we were there for the taking. It doesn’t feel like that anymore.

I think grabbing a point with the last kick of the game, away at a high flying and very good United side could prove to be a pivotal moment. An ending like that will have felt like a win to the lads, and to come back from looking dead and buried at HT will instill some genuine confidence.

Carlos game plan was obvious and he was quite right to say we weren’t brave enough on the ball first half. As we needed to be for that plan to work. Second half different story, some real graft, pride and some really decent togger. Feels like a defining moment to me, I hope I’m right.

It’s incredible how we keep managing to get results despite the fact that we can’t play football. Imagine if we bought a team in the summer.

Must be like literally trying to squeeze juice from a raisin with some of our players for Carlo. The man is literally performing miracles with this current squad.

I like the way Carlo uses the term ‘shy’ to describe someone that is panicking or crapping themselves. I think it plants a “I’m not shy response” in the players head, whereas if you tell someone to stop crapping themselves, it can make players crap themselves even more.

It’s frustrating as I think we start some of these games really well looking really confident and it seems to only need one misplaced pass or misplaced chance and the confidence of some players drop completely, then they need to spend 20 minutes feeling their way back into the game. I still think we’re incredibly mentally fragile as a group. The first goal actually comes from Holgate showing an ounce of leadership by staying calm on the ball and passing it through the lines rather than just a panicked clearance. All of a sudden a few other players passed it and we had scored, then scored another one, but just at the point that confidence should have been at its highest we fumbled the next move and went straight back to cowering at the back again. Very very strange mentality to have. Once we were 3-2 down we started playing again. Bizarre. This game are definitely improving but there’s just no need for these lapses. It’s happened a few times, Southampton away we were on the back of a four game streak and started the game quite well, a few miscontrols by Iwobi in good positions and the whole team seemed to regress massively. Same in the West Ham home game, Docuoure started like a rolls Royce, flicks and spins, driving forward, looking like a player that had just won four in a row, but Siggurdson and a few others played a few sloppy balls and all of a sudden Docuoure looked scared to even pass forward and was falling over his own feet. United cup game at home Keane puts his first three passes out of play for no reason and it took us half an hour to get back to looking marginally better than a pub team.

I feel that Carlo is the only reason we don’t often completely fold like a lot of these players have been used to doing under Silva and Koeman. He’s slowly improving everything at the club but it’s difficult to turn around decades of a losing mentality.

The little kopite rat @tirion needs binning from this thread. But yeah totally agree, they’d wanted him booted and replaced with flavour of the month candidate

Bielsa, Nuno, Hasenhuttl, Arteta, Potter, Wilder all sitting comfortably in the bottom half of the table. Flavours of different months. Carlo will be the flavour of multiple seasons.

Get him gone pls.

His defensive tactics and inability to instill confidence into players make us look like Moyes' Everton from 2005 - 2010, happy to nick a win with teams below you here and there but be 100% negative against any team that wants to pass.

you should go have a scan of your posting history like I’ve just done. It’s quite impressive in the consistency of the bile you spew over every topic

you seem to absolutely despise every aspect of the club

I wouldn’t bother with something I hate so much. Life’s too short

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back