2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would expect he also thought Delph wouldn’t be a perma-crock who again, if fit would certainly play before Davies.
Think by the run up to the January window he was well aware that Delph will never be fit enough to make any meaningful contribution. So surprising he didn't get Brands to bring in some midfield cover.

Think by the run up to the January window he was well aware that Delph will never be fit enough to make any meaningful contribution. So surprising he didn't get Brands to bring in some midfield cover.
He’s obviously giving Davies a chance which I’m not against.
Why spend a fortune on another addition when Davies might be finally improving and Gbammin is back in training?
I hope it works out for Davies, I just don’t see where he adds much though to be honest, but I’d be very happy to be proven wrong.

Why spend a fortune on another addition when Davies might be finally improving and Gbammin is back in training?
I hope it works out for Davies, I just don’t see where he adds much though to be honest, but I’d be very happy to be proven wrong.

I am really hopeful that like Keane, Mina, DCL and to a certain extent Holgate and Doucoure, Ancelotti may still improve Davies. Telling him to be the understudy to Allan and learn and watch, play like him is a great idea for this year. (if that's what happened)

Think he will improve in the long term with the coaching and better players around him,doubt he would be a starter in the top four team I hope we'll have this time next season but I'll always support any player who consistently gives one hundred percent when the more talented and higher paid stroll around. Don't know if he's a Blue at heart and will stick around to be a squad player or if he would move on to a mid table Prem side where he would start more often. Interesting times ahead.

I bet Ancelotti is really itching to add more quality to the team over the next couple of seasons.

He must be feeling very positive at the moment.

Reading the recent article about Tom Davies it mentioned the interest in him from a number of other clubs. CA made it very clear that Tom Davies was not for sale.
I think CA rates Davies far higher than many on here but then what does he know?

In my opinion the manager understands that the days of spending large amounts of money are over.

He will improve what we already have, add from the academy, try to sign young talent before they become too expensive and now and then spend big when the right player is available

Reading the recent article about Tom Davies it mentioned the interest in him from a number of other clubs. CA made it very clear that Tom Davies was not for sale.
I think CA rates Davies far higher than many on here but then what does he know?

In my opinion the manager understands that the days of spending large amounts of money are over.

He will improve what we already have, add from the academy, try to sign young talent before they become too expensive and now and then spend big when the right player is available
Not disagreeing, but we have to apply this logic to every player he picks if this is the route we are going down.

In which case, the Gylfi thread makes very interesting reading, as Carlo makes him captain sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back