2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
In essence we have quite a young squad which is still developing and young players out on loan like Branthwaite. Much to look forward to and hopefully with those we want out finish this summer and we can get more real quality into the squad.

SOME OF THE ANCELOTTI PRE MATCH FA CUP SPURS P/C

Mike Dean situation really sad​

I think it’s really sad and unacceptable. I think Mike Dean is one of the best referees in PL. I’m really sorry what has happened to him, police have to investigate this because it is unacceptable

Ancelotti on unacceptable comments​

Yes, I think it has to be positive. You have to use social media to have a direct talk to your supporters and it has to be positive. Sometimes you can have critics but the insults are not tolerable. It’s not tolerable full stop

Late fitness checks for James and Pickford​

I have to wait for training in the afternoon to check whether James and Jordan are available or not. They are going to train and we’ll see. Allan has started with the team, he’s not ready yet. I hope he’ll be ready next game

Ancelotti on last game​

Against United we showed what we were able to show in the last game. Strong attitude and spirit and one more point in the table.

Crucial moment in the season​

“It’s a crucial moment for everyone. An important period in the season with important games. We are focused on tomorrow, it will be really difficult against Tottenham, a fantastic team.

Ancelotti hails Spurs qualities​

We are prepared for a good game. It's one of the top teams in the league and we know how difficult it will be.

Everton's trophy drought​

We are working for this. I know how Evertonians are desperate to win trophies, we are working on this. I don't know if it's the right time this season, what I can assure is we are doing everything to try and have a trophy as soon as possible.

Mourinho style is close to Ancelotti's​

I think we are really close in our idea of football. It's an honour for me to be compared to Jose. We didn't talk too much about this but how I see his team play can be comparable for us. That's it. To be compared to his style is a honour.

Cup or Europe?​

For the stability of the club, the more important finish is to finish in Europe. Of course for the happiness, it is the cup, but for the stability of the club, the more important thing is to finish in a European competition

On the defensive​

I think he is focused defensively and offensively like I am. Mourinho’s teams are always balanced. Which means they are doing a good job offensively and defensively. If they say to me, your team is playing old style football, I am pleased.

Carlo on Olsen​

As I said; I think he’s a good signing. He’s an experienced goalkeeper, we are happy with his performances. He made a mistake when he slipped but it doesn’t matter, he played well against Leeds. We have trust because he is a good goalkeeper

Carlo on Player's Desire​

The player knows the difficulty and beauty of this competition. The players have a great desire to be competitive in the Premier League. To fight at the top and try and win cups. They are really young and have the desire to have a fantastic career.”

Carlo on Gomes​

We are really pleased with that last two performances. He played really well, with confidence and experience. We hope he can continue

Carlo on James​

I think he had a little problem on his calf. Tight calf. I take him off after 70 minutes to avoid risk. He is going to train today, if he’s ready to play tomorrow he will play, if not he will play on Sunday.

He said he felt his calf tight. He said to be at the end of the first half his calf was tight but he wanted to continue. I said to him look after it and let me know. He let me know, so I took him off.

Carlo on Lewin​

I think he is back. He had a little problem with his condition, physicality, he is better. He scored two goals, could score more. He can continue

Home comforts​

I think it’s quite clear that without supporters in the stadium. The home team doesn’t have the advantage. It’s quite simple, all teams have had more difficulties at home than away, this is the only reason. There is no other reason. We have to improve at home not away, tomorrow we have a game at home.

That's possible, yes. I was, you know, pretty clear that I was, you know, only giving an opinion, not suggesting it was a fact. Again though, you know, I don't think it would be a good idea to, you know, pay a manager £10m a year and ask him to take us from 12th to 11th, but, you know, you're welcome to disagree.

12th to 11th? Bit of an extreme example.

I think the club will have been looking for us to improve by getting a comfortable top half finish. with a significant points increase on last season. If that results in Europe, great, but if not, I suspect they'll see other ways of measuring progress.

We're currently 12 points off last seasons points total.

12th to 11th? Bit of an extreme example.

I think the club will have been looking for us to improve by getting a comfortable top half finish. with a significant points increase on last season. If that results in Europe, great, but if not, I suspect they'll see other ways of measuring progress.

We're currently 12 points off last seasons points total.
Of course they'll see other ways of measuring progress. Not only have i never suggested otherwise but I have repeatedly said that i'm not suggesting a failure to make the top 6 would be a disaster.

Ok i'll try one more time.

I believe we are trying to speed up our progression, and have a serious target of finishing the top 6 this season; not an ultimate goal that we appreciate is unlikely, but an achievable target that they would be disappointed not to reach. Ancelotti said at the start of the season that it was 'important' for us to get into Europe, not that it was our dream scenario. I believe that we look well capable of meeting that target. I believe that Ancelotti was the right appointment and James, Allan etc were excellent ideas because (that's the key bit) they tie in with what I believe our aim is. I am positive because I like what our objectives are, and I believe we can meet them. If i didn't think our aim was to speed up the progression, and believed finishing midtable would be an acceptable return this season, then I wouldn't think we had done excellent business, because it would appear completely unnecessary.

Some people are doing the same as they did with Martinez I think; pretending that they're positive and totally buy into it but then baulking at the idea that we should actually expect to achieve anything. Pretending that expectations have risen while simultaneously doing everything they can to dampen them. I don't buy into that. I don't believe Ancelotti has come here to spend 4 years chipping away at the top 6. I believe he's come here to compete at the top end of the table, and expects to qualify for Europe this year and use it as a springboard. If we narrowly miss out that's a shame but understandable and not the end of the world, but I have no doubt at all that it is what the club set as an objective at the start of the year.

The appointment of ancelloti itself wasnt so much a speeding up of progression. The club had made the fck up of all fck ups handing the keys to marco silva. It needed a quick fix. Carlo ancelotti and a lot of money was that quick fix. No blueprints. It was a carlo we'll pay you a a lot of money, gives us a few years of what you do. And what he's done is get blood from a stone in terms of points tally. You're quoting managers speak as gospel. Taken with a pinch of salt as every manager on the planet does that.
You dont need to "try one more time" ive followed Everton long enough to know false dawns fraud players flavours of the months......
You took exception to the comment that the squad quality was irrelevant. Its very relevant. It undermines the job he's doing. Look at the striking options some clubs around and below us have. Ancelotti has walked into a gun fight armed with a water pistol in comparison to squad depth. The squad depth and quality is a huge thing.
You could have just replied what you meant but you chose to throw your toys out the pram.

Well let’s be honest honest here, if Allan was fit Davies wouldn’t be playing, so let’s not get over excited.

If you can’t or couldn’t see how bad Davies’s performances were up until recently then footballs not for you mate.

He was absolute garbage after lockdown, but he kept playing as we didn’t have a Dacoure or Allan and Gbammin has been perma injured. There was very little choice and Davies was absolutely woeful, as were Gomes and Gylfi our only other options for CM.

If he is improving, then smashing. But let’s not go down this ridiculous road you are going down, which is we can’t question it because Ancelotti picks him. Because I just have and it’s valid.
That is your opinion, it is not a fact.
I think we have picked up 14 points from eight games since Allan got injured and in that time we player Leicester(again) Arsenal , Chelsea and Utd.

Tom Davies played in most of those and I think was not played in our worst performance (Newcastle).

What you are saying is clearly wrong but you entitled to your opinion, as we all are.

Who said you didn't have a right to criticise him? As I have the right to support him. Odd that Ancelotti Is certain Allan will stay fit the second half of the season because he made no attempt to sign another midfielder. Maybe your right football isn't for me,I've been telling myself just that since I first watched Vernon, Young,Ball etc. lol
Well that is what you are saying! Perhaps we should have a problem with Ancelotti as he picks him.
As I said, he has had very little choice at times, it’s not down to Davies being outstanding or anything.

The end of last season he was abysmal, that’s pretty undeniable, but we had no other options so he played. He’s back in again due to injuries.

He’s not first choice and unless he shows a lot more I can’t see him ever being.

Willing to bet we invest back in CM in summer if it looks like Gbammin isn’t coming back.

Well that is what you are saying! Perhaps we should have a problem with Ancelotti as he picks him.
As I said, he has had very little choice at times, it’s not down to Davies being outstanding or anything.

The end of last season he was abysmal, that’s pretty undeniable, but we had no other options so he played. He’s back in again due to injuries.

He’s not first choice and unless he shows a lot more I can’t see him ever being.

Willing to bet we invest back in CM in summer if it looks like Gbammin isn’t coming back.
So Ancelotti saw how below average he was last season but went with just Allan knowing if he was injured Davies would be his only fallback option,or hope that a player he's never seen play may by some miracle get fit?

I really would like to get to the bottom of our excessive practice of passing backwards even from forward positions. Commentators who do not give a toss for us are starting to remark on it. Carlo change it toute suite or whatever the Italian is.

So Ancelotti saw how below average he was last season but went with just Allan knowing if he was injured Davies would be his only fallback option,or hope that a player he's never seen play may by some miracle get fit?
I would expect he also thought Delph wouldn’t be a perma-crock who again, if fit would certainly play before Davies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back