2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've skipped some of the younger players signed for the future like godfrey and branthwaite.
Lets be real we're not going to get(and certainly wasnt before ancelotti) players in their prime and at the top of their game. We havent won a bleeding trophy for 26 years.
If two to three years of ancelotti can give an injection of better quality mixed with younger players im going for it.
The clubs image was on its knees fella after marco silva. On its knees
Seriously you're just being defensive for no reason here. I'm not skipping anything, and you don't need to sell Ancelotti to me. I'm the one being positive here!

Ha. If thats you positive id hate to see you negative.
Have a good afternoon fella.
Honestly I'm starting to wonder whether there's something weird about your computer that changes the word on the screen so that it bears no resemblance to what is being written. In summary my points have been a) I think we are good enough to finish top 6, and b) I think the recent business we have done has been clever and well thought out. You are disagreeing with me and saying i'm the negative one. It's one of the weirdest conversations i've ever had on here, and that is saying something.

Honestly I'm starting to wonder whether there's something weird about your computer that changes the word on the screen so that it bears no resemblance to what is being written. In summary my points have been a) I think we are good enough to finish top 6, and b) I think the recent business we have done has been clever and well thought out. You are disagreeing with me and saying i'm the negative one. It's one of the weirdest conversations i've ever had on here, and that is saying something.

You've just said above that arguably ancelloti wasnt a good appointment.
How many bases do you want to cover yourself.

Last edited:

Trying to wear all those hats. Its not working fella.
See right through you.
Ok i'll try one more time.

I believe we are trying to speed up our progression, and have a serious target of finishing the top 6 this season; not an ultimate goal that we appreciate is unlikely, but an achievable target that they would be disappointed not to reach. Ancelotti said at the start of the season that it was 'important' for us to get into Europe, not that it was our dream scenario. I believe that we look well capable of meeting that target. I believe that Ancelotti was the right appointment and James, Allan etc were excellent ideas because (that's the key bit) they tie in with what I believe our aim is. I am positive because I like what our objectives are, and I believe we can meet them. If i didn't think our aim was to speed up the progression, and believed finishing midtable would be an acceptable return this season, then I wouldn't think we had done excellent business, because it would appear completely unnecessary.

Some people are doing the same as they did with Martinez I think; pretending that they're positive and totally buy into it but then baulking at the idea that we should actually expect to achieve anything. Pretending that expectations have risen while simultaneously doing everything they can to dampen them. I don't buy into that. I don't believe Ancelotti has come here to spend 4 years chipping away at the top 6. I believe he's come here to compete at the top end of the table, and expects to qualify for Europe this year and use it as a springboard. If we narrowly miss out that's a shame but understandable and not the end of the world, but I have no doubt at all that it is what the club set as an objective at the start of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back