Holgate - Mina - Godfrey - Digne
Coleman - Mina - Keane - Digne
Holgate - Mina - Keane - Godfrey
Coleman - Mina - Holgate - Godfrey
Coleman - Godfrey - Keane - Digne
Coleman - Mina - Keane - Godfrey

The defence has been tinkered in one way or another in each of the last ELEVEN games. Conceded NINETEEN in that time, with just TWO clean sheets. There's no reason to be be chopping and changing that back four every game, it can't be easy for the players having someone different next to them every game.

Should stop pretending there's such a thing as Everton football that can be perceived in a positive light. As far as performance tonight goes, this is exactly THE Everton football that's going on for years now.

And people whining about putting out a slow paced lineup. Football isn't about running fast. Our players did not keep losing posession and passing poorly when under no pressure because of lack of pace. It's cause they didn't show up for the game. This is what happens when you book 3pts in advance. Funny thing is, they've done so at least 5 times this season and still didn't learn that they need to turn up even vs dreg teams like Fulham and Newcastle.

Carlo didn't get it wrong with the lineup, tactics or what not. He got it wrong by not putting the fact that you need to approach each game with same level of commitment in to the heads of our players. I'm pretty sure we'll have a game that ends well above our expectations against City and L'pool and then that we'll blow the next chance we get to solidify our top4 run in the same manner as this game, as the games vs Newcastle, West Ham, etc.

If he can't coach the mentality and attitude needed to compete and challenge for top spots into these tools then he should've bought more in January and sold off half of them at a discount, first chance he got.

This blind faith he puts in the likes of Siggy and Gomes (along with half of the team) just because they turn up once every 10 games is next level of masochism. Anyone can see that they're not reliable, I've no idea why he can't. What does he think, that after playing like sh*t for years at this club that they're just capable of turning it up a notch and becoming real, dependable squad just because he asks them to? Get rid of them, bring in new players, spend the money you need and don't look back.

pace power and energy are so crucial in this league, for any team, to be competitive in this league. Just imagine if richarlison and dcl are as slow as Gomes.

We need to play our strongest team in every single game. We don’t have the mentality to rotate.

Play the same team always until they get injured and then just replace like for like.

Sorry carlo but IMO tonight was all wrong.
Didn’t pick the team to win tonight, picked a team to be fit for the city game.
Keane and Mina rested
James and Davies taken off to rest for it

The tactics are too negative at home work against teams that come onto us but teams that sit off and counter us pick us apart because there are huge gaps in midfield

The problem is lots of people only see the results. We have had lots of average to poor performances whether they ended up being a W D or L...but people get excited by some individual scoring stats or recent results and start banging on about CL and all that. Then lose their minds when we lose one like this.

We are still using a good chunk of the crap squad we were all sick of when Silva got the boot. And lots of them are still showing their limitations in multiple games.

I think he can do just enough to make top 6, but will not be in any way surprised if not. Thankfully lots of other teams are weak and flakey too which gives us a chance.

Top 8 was my expectation at start of the season and it'll be at least that. Unfortunately the positives of Carlos influence, DCLs goals, James and the defensive improvements are not looking enough to make up for the lack of quality elsewhere.

Keep doing what you want Carlo. We will get there. After multiple seasons of crap, I'll gladly take an average season with promise of better times to come.

Rotation is ok

Rotating both centre backs is idiotic

I’m more worried that he doesn’t know how to set his teams up against teams that press a lot and get in our faces. Defensively we were garbage but that wasn’t even the tip of the sh1t show of a performance tonight. Lack of movement, lack of drive, lack of enthusiasm, no idea what to do with the ball, no idea what roles the players were supposed to doing the list is endless. Not for the first time this season and it’s a major worry. We have been sussed out massively and he’s got no answers.

Said in the match thread...were 1 down creating zero at home and you throw a defender on?

I adore Carlo but ffs
I just think rotation is meaningless and cause us dearly. We don’t have Euro there is no point to rest players. And we have to think carefully why we can’t break lesser teams at home time after time and failed to score. The tactics against these lesser teams...

I guess it should be "I expected to at least show up and I'm still let down" but the point stands..

7b737a129c21011a993db1c6fa19c2cb.jpg

I want direct aggressive football. Thats Everton football.

Passive, low energy, sideways football is not Everton football.

Any chance we get we blow. Its demoralising

I think if he hadn't pushed his luck too far with the rotation tonight, I think we'd have won that. I think changing the back 4 that much while playing both of James and Sigurdsson in the front 3 was him basically taking the piss out of Fulham with the selection.

He pushed it to the absolute maximum there and got burnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back