2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Carlo but..

We have no discernible style of play. In an era when all the top coaches come in and implement a high tempo, high press - he hasn’t.

Has a very worrying belief that players like Gylfi (and even James let’s be honest) are the sort of profile of player we need.

Too many times this season we sit off teams and defend in the hopes of knocking it from a set piece or a cross into DCL. Not good enough, the football is turgid and needs to be more positive.

Goodison would've been rancid tonight watching that performance.

We play the ball forward from defence. We get Richarlison involved. We get iwobi involved. We let Davies sit and see the game in front of him. We put doubt in their minds about coming forward.

That was not Everton football. That was disgusting to watch. We are not a sit back passive, possession based side. We couldn't even keep the ball trying to play square either. Its demoralising to watch our centre backs bottle responsibility.
Should stop pretending there's such a thing as Everton football that can be perceived in a positive light. As far as performance tonight goes, this is exactly THE Everton football that's going on for years now.

And people whining about putting out a slow paced lineup. Football isn't about running fast. Our players did not keep losing posession and passing poorly when under no pressure because of lack of pace. It's cause they didn't show up for the game. This is what happens when you book 3pts in advance. Funny thing is, they've done so at least 5 times this season and still didn't learn that they need to turn up even vs dreg teams like Fulham and Newcastle.

Carlo didn't get it wrong with the lineup, tactics or what not. He got it wrong by not putting the fact that you need to approach each game with same level of commitment in to the heads of our players. I'm pretty sure we'll have a game that ends well above our expectations against City and L'pool and then that we'll blow the next chance we get to solidify our top4 run in the same manner as this game, as the games vs Newcastle, West Ham, etc.

If he can't coach the mentality and attitude needed to compete and challenge for top spots into these tools then he should've bought more in January and sold off half of them at a discount, first chance he got.

This blind faith he puts in the likes of Siggy and Gomes (along with half of the team) just because they turn up once every 10 games is next level of masochism. Anyone can see that they're not reliable, I've no idea why he can't. What does he think, that after playing like sh*t for years at this club that they're just capable of turning it up a notch and becoming real, dependable squad just because he asks them to? Get rid of them, bring in new players, spend the money you need and don't look back.

I love Carlo but..

We have no discernible style of play. In an era when all the top coaches come in and implement a high tempo, high press - he hasn’t.

Has a very worrying belief that players like Gylfi (and even James let’s be honest) are the sort of profile of player we need.

no discernible style of play is an advantage, I think

the faith being shown to some players isn't - if we are going to do that, be tolerant of a bad run etc, I'd much rather we do that with the kids or the likes of King than the players of a previous regime who clearly are never going to be getting a new deal

So this world class manager has learnt nothing from the first match, to the second to the third and again tonight.

Sounds like the same old rubbish; world class you say?
He is because of his records and trophies won in his past.

The only thing is I just don’t know why he keeps this rotation thing which cause him these matches and not make changes at half time when things aren’t going in our way.

Should stop pretending there's such a thing as Everton football that can be perceived in a positive light. As far as performance tonight goes, this is exactly THE Everton football that's going on for years now.

And people whining about putting out a slow paced lineup. Football isn't about running fast. Our players did not keep losing posession and passing poorly when under no pressure because of lack of pace. It's cause they didn't show up for the game. This is what happens when you book 3pts in advance. Funny thing is, they've done so at least 5 times this season and still didn't learn that they need to turn up even vs dreg teams like Fulham and Newcastle.

Carlo didn't get it wrong with the lineup, tactics or what not. He got it wrong by not putting the fact that you need to approach each game with same level of commitment in to the heads of our players. I'm pretty sure we'll have a game that ends well above our expectations against City and L'pool and then that we'll blow the next chance we get to solidify our top4 run in the same manner as this game, as the games vs Newcastle, West Ham, etc.

If he can't coach the mentality and attitude needed to compete and challenge for top spots into these tools then he should've bought more in January and sold off half of them at a discount, first chance he got.

This blind faith he puts in the likes of Siggy and Gomes (along with half of the team) just because they turn up once every 10 games is next level of masochism. Anyone can see that they're not reliable, I've no idea why he can't. What does he think, that after playing like sh*t for years at this club that they're just capable of turning it up a notch and becoming real, dependable squad just because he asks them to? Get rid of them, bring in new players, spend the money you need and don't look back.

I want direct aggressive football. Thats Everton football.

Passive, low energy, sideways football is not Everton football.

Any chance we get we blow. Its demoralising

I love Carlo but..

he hasn’t address the fitness issue within the squad to play high tempo and pressing, and to be fair it is impossible to play that way with Gomes siggy and James in midfield.

Why is Mourinho under a lot more pressure than Carlo? Both were once world managers and are now underachieving. We shouldn't be below Moyes West Ham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back