2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love him, but poor tonight. Wrong line up, wrong subs. He can’t keep trusting Coleman Siggurdson, Davies over extended games. They’ve proven time and time again they can’t do it. Play the best lineup every game now because every time we rotate we drop points.

Very disappointing. Felt optimistic before the game, but this is typically Everton. It is also quite typical that we win over City, but lose against Liverpool.

Would rather not criticize Ancelotti, after all, there are only 3 points up to the top 4. It is difficult to criticize a playing philosophy, as long as you are successful. At the same time, I am of the opinion that over the long run you will lose more than you win with such a playing style. Ancelotti has always disproved me, but perhaps the sample size has not been large enough. There have been too many games like this, and it reveals that we have very few strategies offensively. But wise from experience, there is no reason to complain too much.

I'm very confident we dont lose with those two playing. People just don't understand how big a difference it makes playing the ball forward and turning a defence. Keane is extremely good at it. Godfrey is bad at it and Holgate is just out of his depth.

The midfield was a concern but when you pick James Gylfi and Gomes, can you expect to compete? Those 3 were laughable out there. Only Davies played with any application yet got hooked. Carlo had a proper shocker tonight and hopefully lessons are learned.

When we play like that and leave our 2 best defenders on the bench I will criticise any manager. It was disrespectful to Fulham and fair play to them. They took full advantage of our woeful attitude and cocky complacency.

I'm gutted with tonight but when you treat the opponent with complete disregard, then you deserve to lose.
Tim, Richarlison is not a CF that plays his back to goal. He’s not going to take control of 40 yard ping from Keane like DCL, not in a million years

He loses control and the same things happens, pass right through our weak midfield and then you have 2 mobile players running at Keane who can’t handle pace and movement.

Doucouré, Gomes and the Icelandic tit should have been hooked at half time

You have just watched Richarlison play as a lone forward for near on 80 mins and get swallowed by 2 CB’s, lumping the ball 80 yards to a guy, you is not a back to goal CF will just replicate whats happened.

The game was lost in midfield, it’s literally that simple. Doucouré and Gomes did not attempt to with close things down or make runs forward to create space. They let players run off them, turn in the middle of the park

Fulham, like the other home games, just passed through them with relative ease. Exactly the same problem when we used to have Schniderlein and Gylfi in there. No legs equals no points

So playing Keane and Mina does not change that fact
I actually think those 2 were completely exposed by the fact we had James and Gylfi infront of them coasting so they spent most of the game moving sideways to cover the flanks which in turn left gaps centrally. You're spot on about the legs thing out of possession we had 3 obvious spassengers in Gylfi, James and Gomes and were rightly punished.

I actually thought that change was reasonable.

Coleman was getting humiliated and it was getting worse. Holgate had to go to right back for me.

But that was why the line up was so bad that 3 subs wasn't going to be enough. He got almost all of it wrong.

It didn't change the threat they caused for me. Certainly didn't give us anything going forward.

Wouldn't change him for anybody, but that was the worst performance of the season and when you lose to Newcastle,West Ham, Leeds and now Fullam all at home it is not just the fault of the players. If something is not right the manager's job is to put it right and what ever he is trying is not working. Feeling quite concerned what could happen to us over the next week.

richarlison scores 2 goals so he sticks sigurdsson up front

what is that all about?

i said before we can't play with proper full backs and we lost 2-0 to newcastle with the same 2 full backs and we persist with coleman

coleman is finished

donezo

give up on the coleman dream

Tim, Richarlison is not a CF that plays his back to goal. He’s not going to take control of 40 yard ping from Keane like DCL, not in a million years

He loses control and the same things happens, pass right through our weak midfield and then you have 2 mobile players running at Keane who can’t handle pace and movement.

Doucouré, Gomes and the Icelandic tit should have been hooked at half time

Have to agree to disagree tonight. I feared when I saw the 11 and it turned out that way

Carlo had a terrible night and picked a disrespectful side. He was thinking about Wednesdays and thats downright stupid.

If this manager cant get it right here then its not going to happen.

I actually think those 2 were completely exposed by the fact we had James and Gylfi infront of them coasting so they spent most of the game moving sideways to cover the flanks which in turn left gaps centrally. You're spot on about the legs thing out of possession we had 3 obvious spassengers in Gylfi, James and Gomes and were rightly punished.

Theu could have been, but I personally expected more from Doucouré. He has the legs but not once did he chase anyone down, he was just so flat footed and inept it was awful

Unbelievably boring style of play. Jose is getting slaughtered at spurs for basically doing exactly what Carlo is doing at Everton. Always trying to avoid defeat as opposed to winning the game. Depressing stuff

He has to keep a winning team not keep rotating we don’t have the squad to do so

that’s why we won’t get top 4
Exactly. We should never do this rotation thing we just don’t have luxury to do that.

Should have play four CB at the back as we are much more solid when defending. Keep changing the lineup really don’t help.

Because he is the best manager we have had. A world class manager with proven records. But that doesn’t mean he can’t make mistakes. These four home games at home against lesser sides. It’s almost the same.
So this world class manager has learnt nothing from the first match, to the second to the third and again tonight.

Sounds like the same old rubbish; world class you say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back