2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that the players are shocking and it’s the same abject performances against teams that on paper at least we should be winning
Pace is everything in this league. But we lack it all over the pitch
Been saying this for years but Everton never do anything about this. Carlo has had a shocker tonight. When I saw the team I knew what would happen. Not good enough

What’s his issue with playing with no pace and playing players out of position and the worlds most rigid formation..... This whole sticking to a shape equals awful performances as we can’t press. Players are shackled.

He must have thought we were up against City tonight because that team selection was awful. How does he think having Hamez, Siggy, Gomes, Davies all in the same team is going to work. You need players with abit of pace and directness who can dribble somewhere

Sitting on your own 18 yard box against certain teams is fine, against Fulham, Newcastle and West Ham is is not.

He needs to find a way of us playing further up the pitch and if we leave space in behind so be it

I love Carlo but have to point out a number of things.

1. We tend to change too much on a lineup. There isn’t consistency. In reality we have no luxury to rest players.
2. Never a good strategy to give players game-time to make them happy as clearly some of them have finished. Bin the loyalty.
3. We fail to score and lost to Leeds, Newcastle, West Ham and Fulham at home. It was clear we were dreadful in the first half and the tactics won’t work with that set group of players but he won’t make changes till we were down and it’s too late.
4. Don’t understand why we drop the four cb defence when we keep winning.

Very disappointed. Euro is gone. I am not having a go just feel we blow our big chance to get CL because we somehow do this rotation thing.
With due respect, why do you love Carlo?
Everyone keeps saying this. For me, he clearly has problems motivating players. Too many of these lacksadasical performances. Football by and large is terrible. Admittedly we have an acceptable points total but there’s been an awful lot of games where we’ve rode our luck and picked points up when the opposition has outplayed us.
Previous managers to Carlo got slated but all I hear is ‘I love Carlo, but’

Any manager who plays siggy as winger deserves to be question.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence we’ve never played well when Gomes and siggy starts in midfield.

siggy and James on the flank provided 0 possibility of quick counter.

It’s weird to see carlo desperate for pace but starts the game with the slowest possible midfield.

He needs to start implementing a way of playing and a formation and stick to it, yes he has had injuries to deal with but so do all football clubs.

I have no idea 14 months after he joined what type of team we are supposed to be, attacking? Far from it. Defensive, yes but the defensive is poor at times, do we press not at all.

He changes formation, set up and players every week and its starting to cost us.

People making jokes about Scott Parker pre game. They are a very well coached team who are in the bottom 3 because they had no striker. We were incapable of progressing the football up the field.

It was a mistake to play the two young CB’s. neither can pass the ball as well as Keane. It also meant we had little threat from set pieces which have been key for us this season

No pace or energy in midfield meant we could not get to the second ball. I think you can only play one of Iceland, James or Gomesh.

No presence up front without DCL. This could be a rough week
great post

You have just watched Richarlison play as a lone forward for near on 80 mins and get swallowed by 2 CB’s, lumping the ball 80 yards to a guy, you is not a back to goal CF will just replicate whats happened.

The game was lost in midfield, it’s literally that simple. Doucouré and Gomes did not attempt to with close things down or make runs forward to create space. They let players run off them, turn in the middle of the park

Fulham, like the other home games, just passed through them with relative ease. Exactly the same problem when we used to have Schniderlein and Gylfi in there. No legs equals no points

So playing Keane and Mina does not change that fact

I'm very confident we dont lose with those two playing. People just don't understand how big a difference it makes playing the ball forward and turning a defence. Keane is extremely good at it. Godfrey is bad at it and Holgate is just out of his depth.

The midfield was a concern but when you pick James Gylfi and Gomes, can you expect to compete? Those 3 were laughable out there. Only Davies played with any application yet got hooked. Carlo had a proper shocker tonight and hopefully lessons are learned.

When we play like that and leave our 2 best defenders on the bench I will criticise any manager. It was disrespectful to Fulham and fair play to them. They took full advantage of our woeful attitude and cocky complacency.

I'm gutted with tonight but when you treat the opponent with complete disregard, then you deserve to lose.

He must have thought we were up against City tonight because that team selection was awful. How does he think having Hamez, Siggy, Gomes, Davies all in the same team is going to work. You need players with abit of pace and directness who can dribble somewhere

Sitting on your own 18 yard box against certain teams is fine, against Fulham, Newcastle and West Ham is is not.

He needs to find a way of us playing further up the pitch and if we leave space in behind so be it
Fulham’s percentage of possession was 75% I think they said.
City’s will be more midweek.

Just can’t get my head around it.

Fulham never win at Goodison either.

With due respect, why do you love Carlo?
Everyone keeps saying this. For me, he clearly has problems motivating players. Too many of these lacksadasical performances. Football by and large is terrible. Admittedly we have an acceptable points total but there’s been an awful lot of games where we’ve rode our luck and picked points up when the opposition has outplayed us.
Previous managers to Carlo got slated but all I hear is ‘I love Carlo, but’
Because he is the best manager we have had. A world class manager with proven records. But that doesn’t mean he can’t make mistakes. These four home games at home against lesser sides. It’s almost the same.

Dinosaur tactics tonight, seriously need to change the approach against the crap teams, dont always expect to beat them but our record is becoming alarming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back