2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Him and Mourinho are the last of their kind, who are in this game cos of their past record and outdated success philosophies only. The game has evolved by them and they have stuck to their old ways that will get them nowhere. They are both happy once they win games with minimal possession/positivity just to make their philosophies briefly relevant. Its like how Nokia was great in 1990s and 2000s until the market changed to smartphones and they tried to outsell them with their old ideas but ultimately failed.

The problem is I doubt our board would have the guts to question him and seek what his plan is? Ultimately his negative approach, poor motivational skills combined with garbage recruitment from Brands has ensured that this "stagnant" club just becomes more and more obsolete.

I know more than half this side is a bunch of immobile, spineless frauds but the majority of them would still be here next season. Its ultimately down to the management how to improve the playing culture to move forward with mostly these same players.

We play the ball forward from defence. We get Richarlison involved. We get iwobi involved. We let Davies sit and see the game in front of him. We put doubt in their minds about coming forward.

That was not Everton football. That was disgusting to watch. We are not a sit back passive, possession based side. We couldn't even keep the ball trying to play square either. Its demoralising to watch
You have just watched Richarlison play as a lone forward for near on 80 mins and get swallowed by 2 CB’s, lumping the ball 80 yards to a guy, you is not a back to goal CF will just replicate whats happened.

The game was lost in midfield, it’s literally that simple. Doucouré and Gomes did not attempt to with close things down or make runs forward to create space. They let players run off them, turn in the middle of the park

Fulham, like the other home games, just passed through them with relative ease. Exactly the same problem when we used to have Schniderlein and Gylfi in there. No legs equals no points

So playing Keane and Mina does not change that fact

Got the team so badly wrong that even changing it with subs wasn't going to be enough.

I'll never understand how he thought that combination of all of our slowest players would be right for any Premier league game, given the options he had at his disposal.

It was an utterly dreadful performance from the manager tonight.

In order not to trigger people, I'm also obliged to end any critical post with confirmation that I am, despite the above opinion on tonight's game, a massive fan of our manager and very much don't want him sacked.

Putting Keane on was mind boggling IMO

People making jokes about Scott Parker pre game. They are a very well coached team who are in the bottom 3 because they had no striker. We were incapable of progressing the football up the field.

It was a mistake to play the two young CB’s. neither can pass the ball as well as Keane. It also meant we had little threat from set pieces which have been key for us this season

No pace or energy in midfield meant we could not get to the second ball. I think you can only play one of Iceland, James or Gomesh.

No presence up front without DCL. This could be a rough week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back