2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
And how does that help the midfield getting over run

We play the ball forward from defence. We get Richarlison involved. We get iwobi involved. We let Davies sit and see the game in front of him. We put doubt in their minds about coming forward.

That was not Everton football. That was disgusting to watch. We are not a sit back passive, possession based side. We couldn't even keep the ball trying to play square either. Its demoralising to watch our centre backs bottle responsibility.

I love Carlo but have to point out a number of things.

1. We tend to change too much on a lineup. There isn’t consistency. In reality we have no luxury to rest players.
2. Never a good strategy to give players game-time to make them happy as clearly some of them have finished. Bin the loyalty.
3. We fail to score and lost to Leeds, Newcastle, West Ham and Fulham at home. It was clear we were dreadful in the first half and the tactics won’t work with that set group of players but he won’t make changes till we were down and it’s too late.
4. Don’t understand why we drop the four cb defence when we keep winning.

Very disappointed. Euro is gone. I am not having a go just feel we blow our big chance to get CL because we somehow do this rotation thing.

Well played Fulham, a thoroughly deserved 3 points.

That was a gutless, disjointed, disorganised, one paced, miserable effort by us.

Absolutely dreadful and that's not just on the players, Ancelotti got it wrong before kick off, got it wrong at half time an continued to get.it wrong until the end. What looks a difficult week has now basically become a nigh on impossible week as I feel we need 6 points out of 9.

A lethargic timid way to throw away all the good work from last week and even though I shouldn't be surprised, that looked like a terrible miss mash of under prepared players who didn't have a clue what they were doing.

A chance to go 5th, this time next week we'll probably be 9th/10th and that is typical Everton.

Got the team so badly wrong that even changing it with subs wasn't going to be enough.

I'll never understand how he thought that combination of all of our slowest players would be right for any Premier league game, given the options he had at his disposal.

It was an utterly dreadful performance from the manager tonight.

In order not to trigger people, I'm also obliged to end any critical post with confirmation that I am, despite the above opinion on tonight's game, a massive fan of our manager and very much don't want him sacked.

Team was awful tonight but there was big question marks with the system and players he started with and didn't change soon enough. He deserves flack for tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back