2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hands are tied by a crap squad but he has to stop playing some of them. I’d rather overuse the first 11 and get points rather than falling back to Coleman Davies Siggurdson
Should always play the best available. It’s wrong to just accommodate player with game-time who is finished at this level.

The most damning thing is we are making the same mistakes time and time again. How are we not learning?

I don't expect miracles and don't expect top 4. I however also don't expect us to be comfortably beaten at home by relegation fodder/mid table teams without any sort of discernible plan and bluntly put, a lack of intensity and effort.

Yes we all love Carlo but what is he seeing that we're not?

Have to agree to disagree tonight. I feared when I saw the 11 and it turned out that way

Carlo had a terrible night and picked a disrespectful side. He was thinking about Wednesdays and thats downright stupid.

If this manager cant get it right here then its not going to happen.
I actually thought the team looked ok before KO, slight question over the C/H pairing but theres an argument they had earned the opportunity to play in their preferred position and until tonight Fulham haven’t exactly been scoring for fun.
Attacking fullbacks and players that had been scoring or creating a lot up front on paper didn’t seem too bad to me.

Application and desire was clearly lacking again. Carlo should have tried to do something about that earlier but the sum of the players selected should have produced more than that shambles imo.

I'm the first to say he needs better players - this is beyond dispute - but he still hasn't found a way to beat the likes of West Ham, Newcastle, and Fulham at home, and nobody could claim any of those opposing managers have better hands to play than him.

No, I love Carlo - he's far more than we are entitled to - but he's not infallible and he's not going to achieve much with this squad unless he can get more out of them against relatively poor but game opponents.

Not sure if he's looking ahead to the City match regarding tonight's team selection, but it's absolutely pointless worrying about getting a result against City when you can't beat Newcastle, West Ham or Fulham at home. Tonight was a total embarrassment
It's stupid because you have to bust a gut to try and get something against City and you could still turn up with 0 points. They're just too good.

I'm very confident we dont lose with those two playing. People just don't understand how big a difference it makes playing the ball forward and turning a defence. Keane is extremely good at it. Godfrey is bad at it and Holgate is just out of his depth.

The midfield was a concern but when you pick James Gylfi and Gomes, can you expect to compete? Those 3 were laughable out there. Only Davies played with any application yet got hooked. Carlo had a proper shocker tonight and hopefully lessons are learned.

When we play like that and leave our 2 best defenders on the bench I will criticise any manager. It was disrespectful to Fulham and fair play to them. They took full advantage of our woeful attitude and cocky complacency.

I'm gutted with tonight but when you treat the opponent with complete disregard, then you deserve to lose.
I agree generally we were far too negative tactically sitting way too deep and in selection. But clearly Carlo thought both cbs needed resting after Wednesday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back