Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s crap mate. Pure percentage stuff. Which is Allardyces stock in trade.

Under Allardyce we used to watch Ashley Williams and Keane just wind up long balls straight down the middle at every opportunity. Half the time now we’re playing ourselves intro trouble trying to pass out the back. Can’t remember the last flick on we even did properly. The last two goals we’ve scored have been slide rule through balls

Reminds me of an Allardyce with a better win percentage

We need to play football at some stage
When was the last time we played decent football??
Carlos employed the tactics he thinks we need to win games, he's trying to bridge a gap and installing a winning mentality.

Some people are never happy, you one of those would rather we played well but got beat! Comparing to Allardyce is crazy!

Don't worry guys, once Carlo leaves we'll get Big Sam soon enough again.

The difference in Sam seasons is that with his style of play we were mostly relegation fodder, mid table mediocrity at best.

You cannot be happy with the style of play being served up week on week.

Unless you don’t care in which case say you don’t mind anti football if it gets us a few results
Like us to play a bit more than that second half. Soon enough these 1-0s will turn into draws. Almost like tonight. But he's got us defending like absolute dogs, that I can tip my hat for.

When was the last time we played decent football??
Carlos employed the tactics he thinks we need to win games, he's trying to bridge a gap and installing a winning mentality.

Some people are never happy, you one of those would rather we played well but got beat! Comparing to Allardyce is crazy!
I’m trying to get people to think about the fact that we need to improve the play style not just kneel down to him because he gets wins on and off

It’s better than what Allardyce served up as he does have better players at his disposal.
But I think it’s undeniable we are a defensive side and he sets us up not to concede.

I think you are seeing this a lot across the league this season with a few exceptions. Due to the condensed schedule there is far more game management to conserve energy. You would struggle to get away with this in a full stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back