Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping with most players now back from injury and richarlison in form, we could end the season strongly and try and find some of the lovely football that we started it with. On the other hand, if we end up grinding our 1-0s and finish on Europe, I'll take it.

4 central midfielders again tonight. Says a lot of what he really feels about iwobi and bernard. If they were good enough over 90 mins they would surely get a start. I think ultimately that lack of threat and quality from wide will cost us a top 4 place. Its a big factor at home.
Still of the opinion he's somewhat polishing a turd given the fact we win our game in hand and are in the CL spot.
Essential we get some natural width in the summer.

4 central midfielders again tonight. Says a lot of what he really feels about iwobi and bernard. If they were good enough over 90 mins they would surely get a start. I think ultimately that lack of threat and quality from wide will cost us a top 4 place. Its a big factor at home.
Still of the opinion he's somewhat polishing a turd given the fact we win our game in hand and are in the CL spot.
Essential we get some natural width in the summer.

Or he thought a diamond was just the best tactical plan vs Southampton.

I'm hoping with most players now back from injury and richarlison in form, we could end the season strongly and try and find some of the lovely football that we started it with. On the other hand, if we end up grinding our 1-0s and finish on Europe, I'll take it.

5x just got injured in training lol

He's getting an excellent return out of this squad of players.

To still be in the FA Cup and as close to the teams above us at this point is really good going.

You can't do that playing expansive, risk-taking football with this group of players in his opinion. I personally agree with him.

This squad is not a top 4 squad at all, yet, but he has us right in the conversation after 25 games, which is fantastic. I fully expect us to fall short due to the strength of the squads we're up against, but as he rightly says, top 4 is a dream this year. Not an expectation.

the problem is after the football we played at the start people have had a sip of the good football juice and want it back, If we'd say won all them games with scrappy 1-0 wins or just meh football I don't think people would be that arsed about the style of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back