Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
the problem is after the football we played at the start people have had a sip of the good football juice and want it back, If we'd say won all them games with scrappy 1-0 wins or just meh football I don't think people would be that arsed about the style of play.

Every single player was fit and in form in that run of games. We’ve not had that since. Digne Allan Gomes James Richalrison have all had injuries which have knocked them backwards at certain points meaning they’ve lost intensity. Richarlison is only just now back at his best, it took Digne a while as well. Gomes hasn’t really ever got back to it. It feels like James is only just getting back to it but can’t shake off a niggle.

But he’s played Iwobi a bunch of times this season. 27 times to be precise. Maybe he doesn’t rate him or maybe he just thought tonight a wider formation wasn’t needed.

Iwobi has started 12 games. Squad size dictates he has to be involved.
Given another transfer market i think iwobi and bernard will struggle to make the bench. Or be out the door.

He doesn't have the players to produce champagne football, and unlike his idiot predecessors, his alternative strategy isn't to lose.

A right-back and one or two ball-playing midfielders, and this team will be right up there under Ancelotti.

There’s so many patterns of play we have that with a bit more confidence or a bit more quality we move through the opposition easily. Sadly at the moment it’s often breaking down at right back or the likes of Gomes and Docuoure are far too often going backwards. Quality added in those areas and they turn into fluid attacking moves.

Someone compared it to Allardyce but it’s nothing like it. I wish we played long ball a bit more often to be honest especially when we’re being pressed because as the first goal showed we’re dangerous with DCL up there but that was really the only time we went long down the middle, we really have tried to play out more often than not now .

CARLO MOTD INTERVIEW

Interesting first time he’s really talked about a top 4 finish really after his games.... I think he low key thinks we could do it but has to keep level headed in front of the fans to not raise expectations.

He play a tactic to beat Southampton, last season they came to Goodison and blew us away 1st half, should have been 3 up but only 1 up, second half we made it 1-1
Today they didn’t have a shot on target till the 90th minute, then got an extra 3 minutes

Very different southampton though to be fair.
They've now taken 1 point from 24. Thats atrocious.

CARLO MOTD INTERVIEW

He sounds like he just fixed Pickford’s career in one of his lunch breaks and it was the easiest thing ever. ‘Just calm down Jordan’.

‘Score more goals Richy’

‘just stay in the box Dom’

‘just play simple Tom’

Fixing the form of individual players in a way no manager has been able to do before with us.

Nah he's one of the better refs these days, doesn't fall for the diving, and allows a tackle where possible. Good honest refereeing from Yorkshire lol . I've almost forgiven him for that Rodwell sending off in the Derby!
NEVER

It wasnt the only bad decision agst us.
Screenshot_20210301-233917_Chrome.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back