Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you new here ?

Do you not remember the good old days of 1 shot in 4 games.
Yeah lets go back to that , at least we wont concede many.
or we could just do a bit of both, Yeah watching scoring Everton loads is fun but also conceding two every game isn't.

I’m confused why people are seeing there arse because it’s being pointed out that our manager clearly isn’t getting this squad fit enough

We look like a bunch of geriatrics

We do look worryingly unfit, I'll be honest.

We were absolutely shot after an hour, including players who hadn't played in the last week or weren't on international duty at all.

Didn't help that the tactics were crap in the second half.

Other than picking Mina, though, he got it right in the first half.

Loads of work to do but the fitness thing is a concern for me.

Having so many come back from South America only days ago is obviously going to take its toll, especially when i doubt fulham had many on international duty, of course they're going to be tired, internationals asked them to play 3 games in a week as well as travel.

But we won without assistance, you see teams like united playing worse teams with a squad twice as expensive and need all the help they can get from officials to win, these are the teams we'll be competing with. No team is perfect so got to take the rough with the smooth.

My take on the current set up this season is that when teams attack us in numbers, we drop very deep and at times seem to be playing with a flat (ish) back 9. This causes problems regarding our ability to get out as we only have DCL forward and isolated.

At 3-1 down at half time Fulham had no option but to attack us from the k,o in the second half. This saw us adopt tactics as above which was stated by many awful to watch. Carlo has stated on the O.S that our main players were tired and that was the reason. I remain to be convinced as I think today emphasises even more that we are a work in progress and pacy additions with football intelligence are needed whilst we await the moving on of those not contributing

Unfortunately this requires time and patience and many of us have been displaying this since the mid 1980s, the optimism for me is that previously under other managers we would have lost/drawn that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back