Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously you're allowed to question him to your hearts content. Clearly that's what some of our fans do best. Question the manager while giving the useless morons on the pitch a complete free pass.

Who is doing that? Nearly every single player thread on this forum has people calling them out, this is the manager’s thread.

At the end of the day Alex Iwobi didn’t move himself to left back and Tom Davies didn’t slot himself in at right back yesterday. Andre Gomes and Gylfi Sigurdsson didn’t fancy pairing themselves up as number 10s against Newcastle, Nkounkou didn’t decide he fancied a day off to sit in the stands while our first choice left back is injured. These decisions are all on the manager, whether he’s the great Carlo Ancelotti or not.

Who is doing that? Nearly every single player thread on this forum has people calling them out, this is the manager’s thread.

At the end of the day Alex Iwobi didn’t move himself to left back and Tom Davies didn’t slot himself in at right back yesterday. Andre Gomes and Gylfi Sigurdsson didn’t fancy pairing themselves up as number 10s against Newcastle, Nkounkou didn’t decide he fancied a day off to sit in the stands while our first choice left back is injured. These decisions are all on the manager, whether he’s the great Carlo Ancelotti or not.
Do you think he made those decisions because he's an idiot mate? Or do you reckon that he probably knows way more then you and me combined and almost certainly had a good reason for the calls he made even if they worked out really badly?

Do you think he made those decisions because he's an idiot mate? Or do you reckon that he probably knows way more then you and me combined and almost certainly had a good reason for the calls he made even if they worked out really badly?

Probably a bit worrying that everyone on the forum knew they were bad decisions before kick-off and the result proved us all right.

You don't have to be a football manager to look objectively at a football match and apply some logic to the lineup.

Not difficult this mate.

Do Southampton, Newcastle or Leeds have anything comparable to James, Richarlison, Digne, Allan, DCL (on current form)?

No.

Therefore we should be doing better than zero points.

Their team is much greater than the sum of its individual parts. On paper yes we are better but we didn't look like a team at all at times yesterday

Well I don’t care what his reason was, because they quite clearly didn’t work did they? Marco Silva knows more about football than us as well, it didn’t stop people calling him out. He has made bad calls, several of them, and we’re allowed to call that out.

Still haven’t seen anyone actually call for him to be sacked by the way, which is what people on here seem to imply is happening. Simply that he must do better in areas, because he should.

I hate us so much. There is obviously not a manager on earth we would t be calling for his head in a run of bad games.

We get what we deserve.

I realise that he's of a generation which turns to old heads in emergencies, whereas most younger managers seem to prioritise keeping the system going above all else. However, if he hasn't figured it out already, somebody at the club needs to let him know that leaning on this group of senior 'pros' has done for each of his predecessors.

With the group of wasters we've got for a team?! Lol, good luck with that mate..........
Yeah because man for man we’re better than the last few teams to have beaten us. If the manager had us playing right, we should be doing better.

Their team is much greater than the sum of its individual parts. On paper yes we are better but we didn't look like a team at all at times yesterday
Yes because the manager has drilled them that way...

Kind of my point pal.

Bang on.

We rarely look like a cohesive team. Perhaps for a bit v Fulham but by the second half, we were back to individuals hoofing a ball about.

Plus we look unfit in this era of the high press

At present there is no identity to the way we play. There isn’t a plan A, B or C.

I’m definitely all for Carlo, he’s a winner, but it’s worrying that we don’t have a set formation and set of tactics to start a game, and we look lost if chasing or trying to change a game.

Tactically I feel we are second best more often than not.

Another thing that’s massively worrying for me is fitness, the squad looks goosed after 60 minutes.

I want Carlo to be our manager, but it isn’t wrong to want more from what we’ve seen so far this season.

Been very underwhelming, I hope we can find a way we want to play, starting at Burnley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back