Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me you still have a management issue because it isn't an isolated thing leaving this gap in the middle. So if he doesn't want a third man in then he has to get more discipline out of his players. But I just don't think it is new enough a problem to be excused. It was an issue the last time we played United.

I'm not trying to absolve the players of their mistakes completely but Carlo does have to bare some responsibility for getting beaten by the same thing multiple times now.

Doucoure and Davies sat quite diligently for most of the half. That was the plan from the manager, and it worked in stifling a better side.

For whatever reason both vacated that post. He will need to ascertain why.

Well 3 wins against 3 top 6/8 opponents would be success.
Eh right, I thought you meant specifically Sigurdsson's role which I would not say is the main part of us being successful in that stretch. I don't think dropping Sigurdsson a bit deeper suddenly stops us doing anything that we did in that run with the ball as we didn't really do anything.

Doucoure and Davies sat quite diligently for most of the half. That was the plan from the manager, and it worked in stifling a better side.

For whatever reason both vacated that post. He will need to ascertain why.
Yes. And once he finds out why he needs to put an end to it because it is certainly not an isolated incident.

Eh right, I thought you meant specifically Sigurdsson's role which I would not say is the main part of us being successful in that stretch. I don't think dropping Sigurdsson a bit deeper suddenly stops us doing anything that we did in that run with the ball as we didn't really do anything.

Well it nullified his affect both with and without the ball. He is not a midfield player.

In truth tonight he was exhausted so poor in a 10. I dont think moving his deeper works.

The manager has few options. I mean he could have swapped him with Bernard or Iwobi and seen how that worked.

Well it nullified his affect both with and without the ball. He is not a midfield player.

In truth tonight he was exhausted so poor in a 10. I dont think moving his deeper works.

The manager has few options. I mean he could have swapped him with Bernard or Iwobi and seen how that worked.
I just don't think he has an effect with the ball regardless so I don't really worry about that.

I just want us to get back to 4-3-3. If we're going to play 4-2-3-1 though it is vital that the player at #10 be the best player on the ball in the team and really dictate the game. Gylfi does not do that on really any level.

It's all speculation right? I'm not a manager and I can't actually fix anything, but I can at least see when issues are there sometimes and for me this three game winning streak will look false dawnish if we don't make some actual changes here and start to score some goals again. But what the right changes are I have no idea. Maybe James just does it naturally by coming back in.

Honestly, that's two big cup ties that he hasn't been able to get the players up for. I like Carlo but what annoyed me was tuning in after the game to say we stuck to the strategy and he was happy with the performance.

One of the worst performances at Goodison I've ever seen. Honestly wouldn't have thought these players were playing for a semi-final place in the cup.

Am honestly livid. Probably another year without seeing a trophy is just depressing.

Honestly, that's two big cup ties that he hasn't been able to get the players up for. I like Carlo but what annoyed me was tuning in after the game to say we stuck to the strategy and he was happy with the performance.

One of the worst performances at Goodison I've ever seen. Honestly wouldn't have thought these players were playing for a semi-final place in the cup.

Am honestly livid. Probably another year without seeing a trophy is just depressing.

it’s not even the worst performance at Goodison this season. This sort of hyperbole is getting over the top. It wasn’t that bad

In his previous clubs did Carlo play youth? I know at the prestigious clubs like Bayern or Real they have premade super stars but youth inclusion does seem like an initiative at those clubs. Or does he have a Jose like aversion to younger unproven players? Im aware he played Gordon several games last season but it seemed to be precipitated by desperation and lack of other suitable options. Also could be he doesn't deem the prospects playable, which if true is problematic. I'm not expecting a class of 92 or what chelsea currently have but the lack of viable first team players emanating from the academy or U-23 ( not counting gordon since he's barely featured) is a detriment to the team.
If that's the case some scrutiny should be shined on Brands and Unsworth.

it’s not even the worst performance at Goodison this season. This sort of hyperbole is getting over the top. It wasn’t that bad

Just an extra FYI:

It's the lowest possession we've had at a game at Goodison this season.

It's the least amount of tackle we've put in at a game at Goodison this season.

It's considerably the lowest passing success % we've had at Goodison this season.

It's the least amount of shots we've had at Goodison this season.

Hahahahaha ok mate. What game at Goodison has been worse this season?

Honestly why are you even defending that shower of crap tonight?

The United games at Goodison was a
far worse performance. Leeds was worse also given the quality of the opposition and the fact we had Alland and James available.

The United games at Goodison was a
far worse performance. Leeds was worse also given the quality of the opposition and the fact we had Alland and James available.

Mate I alluded to the stats previously. It was honestly turgid, DCL had two touches in the Utd box all game and we didn't look like scoring even if we kept playing until tomorrow morning.

What made it worse, was that Utd made 9 changes and were equally as poor in the second half. We had no drive or determination to take the game to them, almost seemed like we were playing for penos and a stroke of luck. It was so negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back