Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were bossed in the midfield. I thought Gomes and Davies done alright but their three and sometimes even four in there completely overrun them - we needed an extra body in there.
They did alright in terms of a Championship team trying to compete with a top Premier League side. To sit that deep and just surrender the game was embarrassing to watch.

Thought he had the best game I've seen him play for a while... He wasn't part of the problem from what I was watching. Shame about the chance falling into his belly at the death though

To be fair to him. I don't think we had that much on the bench that could have changed much without opening us up too much.

Centre midfield is where we was losing the battle and Siggurdson was maybe the only option there and he wouldn't have offered anything more really.

Richarlison was having a stinker though, I'd have pulled him off earlier. Thats about the only change I'd have made earlier.

I think by the time he took DCL off he was happy to get out of the game with the point.

Edit: does need to drop Pickford though

Thought he had the best game I've seen him play for a while... He wasn't part of the problem from what I was watching. Shame about the chance falling into his belly at the death though

I genuinely thought it was his worst game ever for us.
Amazing how two people can see the same thing so different.

He can't control a ball
His passing is weak
His tackling is pathetic
He offers no goal threat
He has no stand out physicality

He's regressed massively and it may be through no fault of his own but whilst most of the team go levels up, I just can't see him being able to.

We were missing 2 players out of our first 11. 2. Why, on earth, were we so completely and utterly devoid of anything? We couldnt clear the ball, we couldnt create anything.

People just keep waiving their hands at it but theres too many of these performances that are just as bad as anything we've seen in the last 5 years from Fat Sam Koeman and Silva.

We sadly had to play our 3rd and 4th choice Midfield.

Its far from ideal.
I'm aware of that. But, Siggy could've subbed him around 60th min for example.

Gah, it's depressing really, hoping for Siggy to come on. Pretty sure if Siggy started, I'd be hoping for Gomes to come on.

Life is cruel.

How in gods name are we this high up with Davies, Gomes, Richy and Pickford as significant members of our starting 11?

All garbage.

His name is Carlo Ancelotti. Best manager we’ve had since Kendall and he’s having to manage with Pickford Davies Sogurdsson. It’s a joke.

We need to get rid of Pickford Kenny Coleman Davies Sigurdsson Bernard and probably Gomes and maybe then we’ll finally see a winning Everton team. Any of that lot on the pitch do their best to undermine any good team performance.

We were missing 2 players out of our first 11. 2. Why, on earth, were we so completely and utterly devoid of anything? We couldnt clear the ball, we couldnt create anything.

People just keep waiving their hands at it but theres too many of these performances that are just as bad as anything we've seen in the last 5 years from Fat Sam Koeman and Silva.

We seem to have lost the attacking fluidity that we had at the start of the season. Since we've reverted to Godfrey and Holgate as fullbacks we've been trying to grind out every single result, which when it works is great, but games like tonight highlight just how far away we are from challenging.

Player for player I don't think that Leicester XI are better than us, however, they had the attacking intent that we lacked tonight.

When Gomes plays the Sky commentators should say "Gomes who was badly injured by Son of Spurs etc etc," Like they do with Richarlison and Pickford concerning two RS gobchites who were taken out for months. Gomes is crap now. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back