Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had no Allan or Doucoure, no legs in midfield, Gomes injured and having one of his usual shockers means you had an Icelandic ghost and a Championship player in Davies in midfield.

The squad is paper thin in quality. We have the spine of a decent side, six or seven players, and absolutely nothing beyond it.

There's no point judging Ancelotti until he has his side in place to utilise. He's attracted single handedly two of our best players in James and Allan, let's see what happens in the summer.
The midfield has been largely terrible when Doucoure and Allan play too fwiw. We're kind of Lucas Leiva-ing this a bit.

I hate 5 at the back.

The 3 CBs constantly get themselves into a mess when they have to choose to close a man down or hold the line. They don't talk enough and then mistakes happen.
More like 3 cb and 2 wb. Don’t like 3 at the back either it rarely works but like I said we did enough to win except our strikers can’t score 1 on 1. Our manager can’t help the strikers to score.

We have won some games this season yes, but every single one of those bar a few to the start have been anti football grinders
Same as allardyce isnt it? Oh no, we went 3 games in a row without a shot on target and you thought he was great lol either you aren't v intelligent or you're a contrarian

He is one of the best managers in the world but i am struggling to remember the last time i enjoyed watching us play and i am sick to death of seeing us blow opportunities against nothing teams. Don't know what direction we are going at the moment but would be happy to just enjoy watching us play again at the moment and i haven't even got that. Not looking forward to any of the last 9 games. Pretty sad but that is where i am.

No chance of qualifying for the Europa this season with these let down merchants and a massive summer coming up for Carlo because we are nowhere near good enough.

The wing backs most certainly made our goal. So the 5-4-1 worked especially with the chances we created. It’s the missed chances that cost us!
Was a lot more attacking until Coleman and James went off.
Barely attacked after that, moved Sigurdsson to RM and it was a horror show. Why change it if it’s working? Thinks we are 90s Milan and can see games out

How can anyone blame him for that we made more than enough chances to win the game. My only slight criticism is maybe he should have brought King on for James but we can all be genuis' after the event.

We're getting dangerously close to the part of the year where the prudent thing to do is find out what we've got on the fringes that could be useful next season. Also would be nice to pick what the formation we want to play is and use it every week to get properly use to it. We could take strong continuity into next year if we do it right. If Carlo really can build a team I'd like to see some long term vision in the next 6 weeks or so.

The Gbamin sub was horrendous. We go too deep at 1-0 too often and we’ve got very lucky teams haven’t equalised (West Brom, Southampton, Liverpool even had some chances, ). Why do we drop so deep after 60 minutes to protect a lead instead of carrying on to get a second? Is it fitness or tactics or on field mentality? Proper annoying either way

The midfield has been largely terrible when Doucoure and Allan play too fwiw. We're kind of Lucas Leiva-ing this a bit.

The start of the season was built on those two. Since then, they've had knocks apiece, have played not fully fit in spurts, and our paper thin squad has been exposed over and over again.

Ancelotti is not blameless. His subs at times have left me scratching my head and there's been games he's blatantly got away with some bad errors. But he's also had the odd masterclass tactically too. I just think, on balance, we can't do better than him, and if we're ever going to give a manager time it has to be him.

The club wrote off the season in January when they decided not to have a go in the transfer window and see what happens. I gave up then - as far as I'm concerned the plan is to have a proper go in the summer.

One of the world’s HIGHEST wages and that’s what he’s serving up.

OUT OUT OUT.

He’s done nothing here, absolutely nothing. God help us if we’ve got this dinosaur still here when we’re at BMD.

:eek:

How long do you think it takes to turn a ship around just out of interest? And I'm not talking about one stuck in the Suez. He's got us sniffing distance of top 4 after one transfer window. Would you prefer Keegan style football which always looks nice but wins absolutely nothing? Top teams are always built on solid foundations and that's what I'm seeing.

Was a lot more attacking until Coleman and James went off.
Barely attacked after that, moved Sigurdsson to RM and it was a horror show. Why change it if it’s working? Thinks we are 90s Milan and can see games out
James can’t do 90 mins. Probably the same for Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back