Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. You grow up sunshine. Digne is the worst left back in the Prem. and has been for at least the last 3 years.
Teams attack us mainly down the right because he is there, we set up with 5 at the back to compensate for
him and Bonehead Coleman, for Christs sake can't people see what's happening to our club. You say the least of our problems and of course you are right. We have about 7 midfielders that cannot shoot at goal,
and we have strikers that must be sold this year (Not for the money) just to give the supporters some hope
for the future.
Absolute turd you mate

If Ancelotti's plan is to play it from the back, Moshiri will go bankrupt trying to buy enough good players to do that.
And if he does start accumulating these players, they had better be of the Barca of 8,10,yrs ago standard or the high intensity fit teams...70%? of the PL...will eat them alive.
Just saying like.

" we dont have players who are confident on the ball"
What an indictment
Nothing that we don't already know though, we watch every week, there are a good few of them who refuse to take responsibility and this is where all the passing sideways and backwards comes from, players not being brave enough.

If Ancelotti's plan is to play it from the back, Moshiri will go bankrupt trying to buy enough good players to do that.
And if he does start accumulating these players, they had better be of the Barca of 8,10,yrs ago standard or the high intensity fit teams...70%? of the PL...will eat them alive.
Just saying like.

All the top teams in this league play out from the back. City Chelsea Leicester United. Two of them are in the CL final. Why wouldn’t we want to aim to emulate this?

This for me is the crux of the issue. In my view, Ancelotti is trying to get our limited resources playing football. They’re failing abysmally, but he’s not moved back to up and under drill sergeant long ball into the corners mode that they could probably play more effectively. Silva did that, Allardyce did that, Koeman did that and it got us nowhere.

If better players arrive then at least we’re not starting from first principles with the likes of Godfrey Docuoure Allan Digne Mina Calvert Lewin etc. in terms of how we want to play moving forward.

Just saying like.
There is no point signing Ancelotti unless you are going to give him the tools he needs to do his job. He is arguably the greatest manager of great players in the world. I took the capture of Ancelotti to mean we will spend what we need to become properly competitive. The types of players Marco Silva and Sam Allardyce signed are not the types of player Carlo Ancelotti is renowned for managing.

I expect a massive summer of spending - now easier to manage, if the money is truly there, as UEFA's authority - and that of the PL - is compromised by their meek response to the Super League Six. Otherwise, Carlo makes zero sense and we'd be better off with a coach who can improve mediocre players while using us as a stepping stone to really big clubs like our neighbours.

People may not like hearing it, but if Everton do not find the money to back Ancelotti, Everton is being utterly mismamaged from the top because he is not the right man to take middling players into the top four - or we are not the truly big club we were and aspire to be again. If that is the case, the Ancelotti-as-manager situation is another example of us buying proven talent and not giving him the right tools. It's like buying a player like James Rodriguez and surrounding him with Alex Iwobi and Tom Davies.

This summer will tell a tale.

There is no point signing Ancelotti unless you are going to give him the tools he needs to do his job. He is arguably the greatest manager of great players in the world. I took the capture of Ancelotti to mean we will spend what we need to become properly competitive. The types of players Marco Silva and Sam Allardyce signed are not the types of player Carlo Ancelotti is renowned for managing.

I expect a massive summer of spending - now easier to manage, if the money is truly there, as UEFA's authority - and that of the PL - is compromised by their meek response to the Super League Six. Otherwise, Carlo makes zero sense and we'd be better off with a coach who can improve mediocre players while using us as a stepping stone to really big clubs like our neighbours.

People may not like hearing it, but if Everton do not find the money to back Ancelotti, Everton is being utterly mismamaged from the top because he is not the right man to take middling players into the top four - or we are not the truly big club we were and aspire to be again. If that is the case, the Ancelotti-as-manager situation is another example of us buying proven talent and not giving him the right tools. It's like buying a player like James Rodriguez and surrounding him with Alex Iwobi and Tom Davies.

This summer will tell a tale.

Not just the summer but the whole season you feel.

Its an absolutely massive one ahead.

If recruitment fails then Brands potentially will go

If recruitment goes well but the manager fails then pressure will be high on Carlo and potentially he may walk if he isnt pushed

If recruitment fails and so does the manager then both could very well leave

Feels like a watershed season for the club as work begins on the new stadium.

If recruitment goes well but the manager fails then pressure will be high on Carlo and potentially he may walk if he isnt pushed

You missed out:

If the recruitment is a success and the manager is a success then happy 'kin days

Definitely.

I've a lot of faith in Carlo. He's proven his excellence over the course of his career. Give him what he needs and we've done all we can as a club. I've no faith in Brands. His three years here have been deeply underwhelming. I'm unsure about Moshiri. He has backed us to the hilt and deserves our complete gratitude for that, but he is surrounded by largely unimpressive figures.

Definitely.

I've a lot of faith in Carlo. He's proven his excellence over the course of his career. Give him what he needs and we've done all we can as a club. I've no faith in Brands. His three years here have been deeply underwhelming. I'm unsure about Moshiri. He has backed us to the hilt and deserves our complete gratitude for that, but he is surrounded by largely unimpressive figures.

Moshiri's heart is in the right place but he's allowed Kenwright to manipulate him into keeping him on at the club to our detriment.

Brands is a waste of space - literally done the bare minimum in 3 seasons yet gets heralded as some Guru because he did a good job in the Dutch farmer league with one of the top sides there. His 2nd summer recruitment was as bad as anything Steve Walsh did.

There is no point signing Ancelotti unless you are going to give him the tools he needs to do his job. True

He is arguably the greatest manager of great players in the world. hmm

I took the capture of Ancelotti to mean we will spend what we need to become properly competitive. again hmm?

The types of players Marco Silva and Sam Allardyce signed are not the types of player Carlo Ancelotti is renowned for managing. True.

I expect a massive summer of spending - now easier to manage, if the money is truly there, as UEFA's authority - and that of the PL - is compromised by their meek response to the Super League Six. you're adding apples to oranges and getting bananas

Otherwise, Carlo makes zero sense and we'd be better off with a coach who can improve mediocre players while using us as a stepping stone to really big clubs like our neighbours.

People may not like hearing it, but if Everton do not find the money to back Ancelotti, Everton is being utterly mismamaged from the top because he is not the right man to take middling players into the top four - or we are not the truly big club we were and aspire to be again. If that is the case, the Ancelotti-as-manager situation is another example of us buying proven talent and not giving him the right tools. It's like buying a player like James Rodriguez and surrounding him with Alex Iwobi and Tom Davies.???

This summer will tell a tale. this bit is indeed true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back