Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will never know how mr cool Carlo would have reacted to a full Goodison during some.of those turgid performances.
That dissappoints me as at least he would have skidaddled off knowing we thought his togger was awful.

[Paid Content - Blacklisted]/263064...arture-and-what-it-means-for-evertons-future/

smells like clickbait tempting me to pay just to make me feel better about carlo dumping us.

any subscriber here who can share the article or something....

gimme some rope please, my heart is still aching.

and how da fark do i change my embarrassing forum nick now, it's like a tattoo of an ex galfren who's left u ages ago

I genuinely think the so-called Runcorn Enigma might remain just that. It’s a Russian doll-like mystery inside an enigma within a puzzle. It’s Robert Ludlum-esque.
Hopefully one day the truth will emerge but I shall not be holding my breath.
Let’s move on now eh? Put it all behind us and move on. I recall us all laughing at the over-the-top histrionics of Watford after they lost their similarly crap manager...let’s not be Watford eh lads.

If he hadn't gone so full on with his charm offensive, I think everyone would have just said, "Well, it's Real Madrid. Who can blame him?" He said many times, and very recently, that he felt a strong connection to Everton, that we had that family club feel he hadn't experienced since his time at AC Milan, and that he wanted to stay long term.

That's why people were so stunned. He should have just kept his mouth shut and not conned us with a load of insincere BS.

I'm glad he's gone. Apart from the awful football we played, his tactics, team selections and substitutions constantly baffled me. For such an experienced and supposedly tactically astute manager, there were so many times when the blindingly obvious completely escaped him.

You obviously know more than anyone else about it. It was alleged until a week ago it would be a Summer of buying better quality players then a push for European football. You remember...the plan when Ancelotti signed.
I think we bought into Ancelotti because of what we thought he could do.

We witnessed some pretty dismal football in the second half of the season, but accepted it and lived in hope that we would improve next season, particularly with Ancelotti as a draw for better players.

I think if any other manager had put us through that, there would have been loud calls for him to go.

As it was, it was a miserable end to the season, and Ancelotti knew it. The speed at which he left indicates to me that it had been in motion for a little while.

The squad has big problems and at some point the financial performance will have to be addressed. We can’t go on losing £100m a season and remain viable.

Getting a new manager is only part of the picture. There are several players that need moving on and problems all over the pitch. There are also players who are likely to request to move on.

Right now I’m pretty down about our prospects and I will probably stay that way until we have a manager in place.

I need some sort of vision I can believe in.

I think we bought into Ancelotti because of what we thought he could do.

We witnessed some pretty dismal football in the second half of the season, but accepted it and lived in hope that we would improve next season, particularly with Ancelotti as a draw for better players.

I think if any other manager had put us through that, there would have been loud calls for him to go.

As it was, it was a miserable end to the season, and Ancelotti knew it. The speed at which he left indicates to me that it had been in motion for a little while.

The squad has big problems and at some point the financial performance will have to be addressed. We can’t go on losing £100m a season and remain viable.

Getting a new manager is only part of the picture. There are several players that need moving on and problems all over the pitch. There are also players who are likely to request to move on.

Right now I’m pretty down about our prospects and I will probably stay that way until we have a manager in place.

I need some sort of vision I can believe in.
If reports were accurate this Summer's transfer targets were being discussed,so no signs that Moshiri agreed with you.

Anyone else not find it strange that not 1 single 1st teamer posted a goodbye message and all bar Richarlison unfollowed him straight away. Seems odd

He just got a bigger offer. As did Moyes, Silva, Koeman when we appointed them.

He's 62 next week. He probably didn't expect to be offered one of the top jobs again.

Yes, yes share but I typed that out wrong.... I should have said - I didn’t think he was wanting a change for himself, rather I was hoping it was the personnel although the performances towards the end were dire.

no argument with others moving for more money and the examples you give are all good with the exception of Silva who had already been sacked.

In any case, Carlo had already coached madrid and won the biggest prizes in world football he could have thought that he was going nowhere with us and wasn’t prepared to try and make us more competitive. It’s not like he wasn’t well paid at Everton.

Yes, yes share but I typed that out wrong.... I should have said - I didn’t think he was wanting a change for himself, rather I was hoping it was the personnel although the performances towards the end were dire.

no argument with others moving for more money and the examples you give are all good with the exception of Silva who had already been sacked.

In any case, Carlo had already coached madrid and won the biggest prizes in world football he could have thought that he was going nowhere with us and wasn’t prepared to try and make us more competitive. It’s not like he wasn’t well paid at Everton.
Taking the emotions out of it, and overlooking the hypocrisy of the man,true it was dire but to go into the last game with something however unlikely to play for was some trick with the dross he had at his disposal.

If reports were accurate this Summer's transfer targets were being discussed,so no signs that Moshiri agreed with you.
I heard those reports, I also heard from someone at the club that Morshi was very unhappy with the way the season panned out. To be honest I’m sure he wasn’t happy, but there was no indication he was going to sack him. He was almost certainly going to back him. The two statements can both be true.

No doubt all the summer transfer plans have been thrown into turmoil because the targets were being lined up on the basis of Ancelotti being there.

The elephant in the room is the ongoing losses and I wonder what impact it had had on things. We have lost over £100m for the last two seasons running and there will come a point soon where the football authorities take action against us. Club minds are focussed on this as it is unsustainable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back