Carlo At Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I don’t begrudge him going for Real Madrid. Any manager worth their salt would do the same.

But in that interview they had made the decision to leave before Real Madrid because there was little cash available.

By the way that reads. Brands had a different direction (which being the DoF, managers should be brought in to fit that, not the other way round) yet Carlo still got Allan and James in, so was he shafted by Brands?
Maybe a fair point that he wasn't shafted by Brands alone (or was the shafting both ways lol ), but also who promised what in those early interviews? Who "sold the project" so to say? We had a Hollywood manager wanting to sign Hollywood type players, a DoF who didn't want either of those things, a chairman that promised he won't meddle with transfers but sat in and did exactly that for years and an owner who... well I have no idea what he wanted honestly, but in a bizarre way and as that's his hire he might've wanted the best for us in this case lol - European football and a top manager.

If they'd promised he'd be given freedom to do things only for the same people to turn around and say "actually no we will do what I want" (and that "I" is the different-for-each "I" of 3 people) - yeah, I can see how it'd be frustrating and they wouldn't want to stay.

Dunno if he'd have stayed more tbh, pure speculation on my part - seems like he knew exactly how crap we were ran behind the scenes and jumped at the first (or second I guess) stop, also understandable - as I say this is not Tony Pulis having a good run for a change, it's Carlo Ancelotti, arguably the best of the best - he went on to instant success in the place that gave him what we promised lol

And it's not about pure spending power - he left us, got Camavinga for less than 40 mil and won everything except the Copa del Rey. Granted with a better squad but we had many games where the dynamic duo of Keane and Godfrey looked like world beaters, not half bad.

Not saying we deserved it or that he's faultless for what it's worth - every single new bit of info that comes out for his tenure makes it even bleaker and makes the "jump to RM" choice somehow even more normal to make.

Gbamin is unfortunate.
Gomes was a fully understandable deal based on his loan.
Kean we made a profit on.
Sidibie was a loan that didn’t work out.
Lossl was cover and very cheap.

Delph was crap.
Bernard was big wages but did an ok job.
Mina was excellent when fit and was key in us staying up last seasons
Godfrey is a poor signing for the cost.

Cherry picking signings. Branthwaite is going to make us a bucketload of money at some point. Mykolenko is an excellent signing (scouted by us long before Benitez came).
We got worse under brands that’s all you need to know his signings can’t have been that good he took a job when we were 8th and the season he left we came 17th!

Ok none of us know what we paid him but I’ve seen that figure mentioned ever since we signed him right up until an article someone posted yesterday. He didn’t come here on the same wages as our normal players so I can believe it but it’s the same if he was on half that amount anyway you don’t put the cherry on the cake before you’ve baked it.
His wage in Saudi was less than that mate?

Was likely on ~100k though. What a change in players, we used to pay James about 100k, now we pay Doucoure more than 100k.

His wage in Saudi was less than that mate?

Was likely on ~100k though. What a change in players, we used to pay James about 100k, now we pay Doucoure more than 100k.
You can’t say all the media reports of his wage are wrong and then just make up a figure yourself like I said we don’t know what he got paid but you don’t get someone like him to come to Everton to get paid the same as Keane and Holgate.

You can’t say all the media reports of his wage are wrong and then just make up a figure yourself like I said we don’t know what he got paid but you don’t get someone like him to come to Everton to get paid the same as Keane and Holgate.
What media reports of his wage?

At 200k/w we were paying him more than the "lucrative ridiculous wages" they gave him in Saudi. We were likely giving him 100-150k with all the performance bonus crap included.

I don’t know why people defend Brands.

He may have been a good DOF if left to do his job, we’ll never know. However, when he signed a new contract that’s when he lost any credibility for me. Signing a new contract when being constantly undermined showed that he was happy just to take the money and be a yes man.

We don’t need people like that at the club.

What media reports of his wage?

At 200k/w we were paying him more than the "lucrative ridiculous wages" they gave him in Saudi. We were likely giving him 100-150k with all the performance bonus crap included.
There are loads of reports that he was on that sort of money like I said someone posted an article yesterday on here about our accounts and it mentioned the £250k figure thats why I used it but it was being reported from when we signed him i'm not saying its true just saying you can't act like you know when you don't.

I don’t know why people defend Brands.

He may have been a good DOF if left to do his job, we’ll never know. However, when he signed a new contract that’s when he lost any credibility for me. Signing a new contract when being constantly undermined showed that he was happy just to take the money and be a yes man.

We don’t need people like that at the club.

I have little time for either Brands or Lampard as they represent the "cult of personality" syndrome that many of our fans suffer from.

Walsh, Brands and Big Kev Thelwell didn't/dont have full control in the traditional sense of a DOF - yet the slick looking one with a sexy accent gets excuse after excuse made for him whilst the other pair are, and FB92 quotes "bald PE teacher & hook nosed kopite".

Benitez was the worst thing that happened to us, Dyche is a dinosaur yet the smooth talking cockney with a worse record that both of em "got us" had his name sung from the terraces, was "onw of us". 🤢

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back