Carlo At Everton.

I don’t know why people defend Brands.

He may have been a good DOF if left to do his job, we’ll never know. However, when he signed a new contract that’s when he lost any credibility for me. Signing a new contract when being constantly undermined showed that he was happy just to take the money and be a yes man.

We don’t need people like that at the club.
For me, it’s not about defending him per se. I think if allowed to, he would have done a good job (and there’s enough info out there to suggest he wasn’t allowed to).

I also don’t think cherry picking some of his transfers is the way to have a go at him. (And lots of the transfers during his time have already been shared to be owner/manager gifts/choices rather than him buying the profile of player he wanted.

I also don’t blame Walsh because it was clear under him that there was chairman/owner and manager choices being made which is why we ended up with 3 number 10s etc. But also, he was hired for a role he wasn’t suited to, which is a leadership issue.

Moshiri has backed off and Kenwright wasn’t around as much following Thelwells appointment and we are seeing him being allowed to do his job with much more autonomy and it’s paying off.

It’s been a mishmash of players and manager styles and that’s all on the owner and chairman. (And most managers have been crap appointments - koeman, Allardyce, Benitez and Lampard were all awful managers for different reasons).

No ego as big as Bill's, funny how he fell out with Brands as well. Sounds as if Brands wanted possibly young, up and coming, Carlo wanted the proven, more expensive player. A wedding in Hell.
Might have been the dream relationship if both could bring the best of their options in.

Ah well...

Brands was bloody awful!

Ancelotti did run off when the going got tough, but that’s because he’s an elite manager that doesn’t need to waste his time with relegation battles when Real Madrid have him on speed dial!

If you want an Ancelotti, you’re going to have to offer more than successive relegation battles and a transfer budget of zero for three seasons.

There are loads of reports that he was on that sort of money like I said someone posted an article yesterday on here about our accounts and it mentioned the £250k figure thats why I used it but it was being reported from when we signed him i'm not saying its true just saying you can't act like you know when you don't.
Which is what we're both doing by your own definition?

Brands was bloody awful!

Ancelotti did run off when the going got tough, but that’s because he’s an elite manager that doesn’t need to waste his time with relegation battles when Real Madrid have him on speed dial!

If you want an Ancelotti, you’re going to have to offer more than successive relegation battles and a transfer budget of zero for three seasons.
We hadn’t had any relegation battles with him. We were a mid table club, literally the epitome of mid table in 10th. The relegation battles came due to the appointments that followed.

Which is what we're both doing by your own definition?
No because I said straight away fair enough I don't know what he got paid i'm just saying what I read yesterday but you've said 3 times it's definitely not true and also said what Doucoure earns when you don't know either.

No because I said straight away fair enough I don't know what he got paid i'm just saying what I read yesterday but you've said 3 times it's definitely not true and also said what Doucoure earns when you don't know either.
Doucoure is our highest earner as per literally any news source you can find mate x

We hadn’t had any relegation battles with him. We were a mid table club, literally the epitome of mid table in 10th. The relegation battles came due to the appointments that followed.

Under Brands?

We were battling against relegation the season after we sold Lukaku and replaced him with four CRAP number 10s. I mean, who the hell does that?

This led to the sacking of Koeman, the hiring of Allardyce, and the purchase of Theo Walcott and Cenk Tosun for 40 million pound just a couple of months after needlessly blowing a fortune on four crap number 10s!

Brands’ woeful mismanagement is what led us towards the subsequent relegation battles that followed after his departure.

Brands was utterly woeful!

Doucoure is our highest earner as per literally any news source you can find mate x
Thats the whole point! That you can't choose to believe the news sources about Doucoure's wage but not about James's! We have to either accept them both as right or accept they're just rumours you can't laugh at the James ones and then take the Doucoure ones from the same places at face value.

Under Brands?

We were battling against relegation the season after we sold Lukaku and replaced him with four CRAP number 10s. I mean, who the hell does that?

This led to the sacking of Koeman, the hiring of Allardyce, and the purchase of Theo Walcott and Cenk Tosun for 40 million pound just a couple of months after needlessly blowing a fortune on four crap number 10s!

Brands’ woeful mismanagement is what led us towards the subsequent relegation battles that followed after his departure.

Brands was utterly woeful!
Half of those things happened with Walsh as DoF btw

Like yeah Brands was awful but this is close to blaming him for the 1998 relegation battle like

Thats the whole point! That you can't choose to believe the news sources about Doucoure's wage but not about James's! We have to either accept them both as right or accept they're just rumours you can't laugh at the James ones and then take the Doucoure ones from the same places at face value.

Never seen anywhere mention 250k for James, everyone under the sun reports Doucoure as our highest earner a bit over Pickford.