Cazoo & Everton end their sponsorship early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kellogs Coco pops stadium has a nice ring to it
Surely this would be “The Kellogg Coco pops Bowl”?!

It does make sense to have an all in one sponsor. Before all this Russia stuff I thought it would be USM or Megafon, which it may still be. By the time the summer rolls round, j is m hoping the war will be over.

Cazoo's share price is down 72.64% the past 12 months...
That would be pretty normal in this economy. 12 months ago people are willing to invest in companies based on future profits as we had a bull market. As inflation rose, with interest rates following, investors move their money away from companies with future profits to companies that can make money in a bad economy. And the car market can contract through a recession, despite the shortage of new cars because of the supply chain issues. Cazoo are still not making a EBITDA profit, but that's not because they are failing, it's just where they are in their growth cycle. This doesn't mean they couldn't or shouldn't be looking to maintain their relationship with EFC.

That would be pretty normal in this economy. 12 months ago people are willing to invest in companies based on future profits as we had a bull market. As inflation rose, with interest rates following, investors move their money away from companies with future profits to companies that can make money in a bad economy. And the car market can contract through a recession, despite the shortage of new cars because of the supply chain issues. Cazoo are still not making a EBITDA profit, but that's not because they are failing, it's just where they are in their growth cycle. This doesn't mean they couldn't or shouldn't be looking to maintain their relationship with EFC.

Normal?! Really?!

I disagree.

Even in today's world, a 72% fall in share price in 12 months isn't shrug of the shoulders, "that's normal"

I mean, looking at car dealerships - Lookers share price are up 83% in the same period, and Pendragon 17%. Motorpoint are down 3.7%.

So I have to disagree that a 72% collapse is 'pretty normal'.

The reasoning, in my opinion - is they were massively overvalued when listed;

... and their founder offloaded £100m of shares and kept schtum;

I also think their management setup is poor. Cinch activated across Everton platforms more than Cazoo...

But with regards to Everton.

I wasn't implying Cazoo's collapse in share price as a reason for no renewal. I was just stating a fact.

I think Cazoo would have been an easy sponsorship renewal. I think this because of their continued sponsorship of the football/sporting industry. I think Everton either had (at least prior Russia's invasion) something lined up, or still have.

I say good riddance to Cazoo.

Perhaps they have not been able to meet alternative offers already on the table. The world wide TV deals that the league has sold means more people can view our games meaning our sponsorship value may have increased.

Status
Not open for further replies.