Confirmed Signing Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the type of striker we need with Rooney and Sig supplying the ammo. Never actually seen him play, but from some of the comments on here he'll do for me.

Not sure how claims he's quick or has pace, I've seen done of that. He can finish and he's strong. Good with his head, but he's not tall so not sure how he's going to fare in the EPL. Not sure how much he's going to help in the counter with his lack of pace, either. He can finish, though.

Not impress, we are spending just for the sake of spending. Not really an improvement on what we have by a big margin. Sign him, takes a few months to settle, by that time it’s probably end of the season and World Cup shop window is full blown.

Either go for a high profile establish striker or don’t sign anyone at all.

We need two possibly three strikers by the summer though

Hello dear Everton fans. As a Besiktas fan, I wanted to inform you about him a little bit. First of all, it's pronounced Jenk Tosoun.

Some of you here said that turkish fans are happy that they're selling him with a price like that. Let me say this, Besiktas fans are not happy that Cenk will not be with us for Bayern München games cause this is a guy who loves to play and take responsibility in big games. He has a really good focus, disturbs the opposition defenders, cheers up the team, has a leader character.

But Turkish fans are a bit romantic. They want to see a striker that educated and shined in their club to play in the best league of the world for one of the cult teams of that league. We want the world to see how good of a striker our club trained.

More, Cenk is a very hardworking guy. He even went to his summer vacation with his personal trainer and worked on his left foot, his weak one. And since the beginning of this season, he collected the results of this training. From the last games, you can see how strong his left foot has become. The other technical details like the number of the goals and assists of him, etc.

And about the Crystal Palace offer; Cenk didnt want to go Crystal Palace because the club's profile is a bit low for the standards he set for himself. Note this; Besiktas will not approve a deal unless Cenk wants to go because, as I mentioned, Turkish fans are romantic. And the management of the club and the players are like family. This is a family in which Ricardo Quaresma gets tolerated and hold in line, considering his rebellious side.

On the other hand, Everton is cult club, a football ecole. From what I heard from a reporter that is very close to the president and the players of the club, Cenk wants to go to Everton. And I personally know that he will do everything to hold up with the expectations and would probably exceed them. It's not that he is as talented as the top rank strikers, it is because he is a hardworking guy that respects his job and always have the ambition and the will to reach his goals.

Anyways, after reading the subject on him, I wanted you to hear something from the other side.

Turkish member here,
Well lads this Tosun guy is definitely one of the most underrated complete striker i had ever watched in recent years!
and yes, Turkish league is not the ideal competition to judge his ability for EPL but his performances in the CL is also amazing, he is better than Firmino or Lacazette if you ask me.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.