Confirmed Signing Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not handsome enough for me. Next.
With technology as it is, I’d suggest that any deal should include the proviso that he completes a Giroud replica face reconstruction before we commit. This lad’s stats + Giroud’s face = acceptable levels for FC Sexy. Or y’know, just throw millions at some lump we can stick up front that isn’t Andy Carroll. Or in brief, anyone but Andy Carroll please - the fact that Adrian Durham rates him is sufficient evidence.

Turkish member here,
Well lads this Tosun guy is definitely one of the most underrated complete striker i had ever watched in recent years!
and yes, Turkish league is not the ideal competition to judge his ability for EPL but his performances in the CL is also amazing, he is better than Firmino or Lacazette if you ask me.
Not sure if you are Moomin or Chicoazul but I hope he's coming, feel it would be brilliant signing

Not sure how claims he's quick or has pace, I've seen done of that. He can finish and he's strong. Good with his head, but he's not tall so not sure how he's going to fare in the EPL. Not sure how much he's going to help in the counter with his lack of pace, either. He can finish, though.

Same height as Shearer, taller than Cahill, all depends on timing and how they attack a ball for a really dangerous header of a ball IMO, on limited clips, he doesn't look 'slow' just doesn't look like he is particularly fast though either.

Someone earlier said he reminded them of Jelavic (assuming they meant when at Rangers) and yeah can see a similarity, think it was @Eggs who said that

Turkish member here,
Well lads this Tosun guy is definitely one of the most underrated complete striker i had ever watched in recent years!
and yes, Turkish league is not the ideal competition to judge his ability for EPL but his performances in the CL is also amazing, he is better than Firmino or Lacazette if you ask me.
El Turco really?!

FFS Chico

The only thing I will say is I reckon Turkish players would have the mentality to adapt pretty quick to this league not like our Spanish and Dutch flop.

Don't think that's a given, there have been far more Spanish and Dutch players that have successfully adapted to the PL than Turkish ones. How many Turkish players flourish outside of Turkey (even if you count the ones born in/playing for Germany). Don't think it's a very high number. Even from their great 2002 team, only a very small number played outside Turkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.