Confirmed Signing Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same height as Shearer, taller than Cahill, all depends on timing and how they attack a ball for a really dangerous header of a ball IMO, on limited clips, he doesn't look 'slow' just doesn't look like he is particularly fast though either.

Someone earlier said he reminded them of Jelavic (assuming they meant when at Rangers) and yeah can see a similarity, think it was @Eggs who said that

He may have done but I mentioned it too. He looks a bit like Jelavic and Soldado to me. A bit of a poacher.

Don't think that's a given, there have been far more Spanish and Dutch players that have successfully adapted to the PL than Turkish ones. How many Turkish players flourish outside of Turkey (even if you count the ones born in/playing for Germany). Don't think it's a very high number. Even from their great 2002 team, only a very small number played outside Turkey.

I'm just thinking of the Turks we've had in the PL (small sample size mind).

Same height as Shearer, taller than Cahill, all depends on timing and how they attack a ball for a really dangerous header of a ball IMO, on limited clips, he doesn't look 'slow' just doesn't look like he is particularly fast though either.

Someone earlier said he reminded them of Jelavic (assuming they meant when at Rangers) and yeah can see a similarity, think it was @Eggs who said that

Fair points, but those are pretty unique players. He is strong, he can score - his goal against Porto in the CL this year from distance was impressive - but just makes me a bit concerned when he just doesn't seem like a great athlete. Actually, his movement is good, he's not a clutz, but just doesn't seem super pacey I guess. Would be nice to have both pace and power. We do indeed need a CF and he does give us something than DCL does not, but not sure he's particularly outstanding. He has been good in the CL this year, though.

if calvert-lewin practice about shooting and if he tries not to be selfish, he can be better than cenk. i'd be honored as a turk, but i think
it's not a striker what we need

from turkey, with love...

Has Mitroglu written all over him. After Sandro and Klaassan you would have thought we would have learnt and brought in a proven premier league centre
the over priced ones wouldn't come here
Has Mitroglu written all over him. After Sandro and Klaassan you would have thought we would have learnt and brought in a proven premier league centre forward.
The over priced ones are gash
The good ones, we couldn't afford.

Status
Not open for further replies.