Confirmed Signing Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Aboubakar -Pace-skill-in Form- 25yo

2. More Pace

3. Anything with Pace

He's not that quick + looks like Lukaku control wise...

He and this chap look to have 'skillz' but specific ones so either we play to them or we will have a flop.

Looks to me like a rotation option with DCL till end of season when we go for a 1st choice.

We need a number 9 who can trap a ball.

Aboubakar couldnt trap a rhino.

I think Unsworth would eat him....bloke wouldn't have a chance.

Its a punt, nothing more nothing less, he scores goals, granted in the Turkish league, but hes also got some goals at CL level, could go anyway and we wont know till we get him, hopefully he wont need a settling in period, but he may do.

Our options arent great, sure we can offer good dough to some players in certain leagues, but as I said the other day, the majority of a gamble, thats why Koeman wanted Giroud, hes not a gamble, but thats our only option, we get somebody at the wrong age or we take a punt and get somebody in that MIGHT do a job.

I cant stress what a piffling amount of dough 20m is in this day and age and how hard it is for a club like ours to "attract" proven quality players, its a very hard window to do business in, I can see us punting Sandro and Niasse in the next 2 windows, so this fella certainly wont be our only option for the next amount of years.

I of course have some major concerns, not least and people can accuse me of racism if they wish, but these Turkish fellas are moody buggers, hes got quite a terrible goal scoring record bar the last year or 2, so yeah, major concerns, but we need a number 9 and the fella seems like a decent chap, lets see how it goes innit. If nothing else at least the fella from Iceland will have somebody to hit!

Which nationality would you prefer?

Tugay at Blackburn was decent (under Allardyce for a season)...cant think of any other Turks whove done well in the prem.

Personally think we will look to sell Niasse and sandro and have him and DCL rotating till season end when we go for a 1st choice.

We hardly even play with one!

We still need two, you need options. DCL is potential, Sandro isn't a out and out striker if he ever cuts it here. I worry Sandro's style will never work here even though he's a good player. We won't get two in January but that's what we need, one to start and one to rotate off the bench with DCL. If this is one of them get him in January 1st. He has more experience than all of our current options even Niasse, I don't know whether he will make it but you need to trust in the scouting at some point. I'd go for Dembele as well. But we'd probably have to shift a few players first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.