Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Confirmed Signing Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what ive read and the brief glimpses ive watched his main qualities are hes good in the air, he can hold the ball up, finishing is meant to be top notch, he seems a real number 9.

Whats not to like?

Anything is better than Niasse.
I will hear nothing bad said about Oumar anymore!

From what ive read and the brief glimpses ive watched his main qualities are hes good in the air, he can hold the ball up, finishing is meant to be top notch, he seems a real number 9.

Whats not to like?

Anything is better than Niasse.

Im just fluster as this feels like bargain shopping. I hope im wrong and he comes in and proves me wrong and scores 15+ goals between now and the end of the year.

I just can't see how this guy is what we planned on and this is there answer to messing up the summer window, which is not the way you make decision.

You dont make a decision based on what you dont want (not getting a striker in the this window) you make a decision based on what you do want.

If this is what we really want then hell lets go for it. It just does not seem like it.

Hope if he signs we are going to give him a chance and not pre judge him because he's not a £60m big name signing. There still are hidden gems out there, you never know till you try.
Yeah, of course. I’m just bored of us pretending we’re operating at some sort of higher level now.

We’re still the same plucky club, signing nobodies, we have been for the entirety of my life.

Cenk Tosun - 16 apps | 8 goals | 1 assist

Arouna Kone - 17 apps | 8 goals | 3 assists

Bafétimbi Gomis - 17 apps | 14 goals | 4 assists

Just saying like ...

Hahaha getting had off by Gomis and our African prince is on his tail.

Another garbage buy on its way to Everton

Well done Steve and Sam, milk us dry some more

Im just fluster as this feels like bargain shopping. I hope im wrong and he comes in and proves me wrong and scores 15+ goals between now and the end of the year.

I just can't see how this guy is what we planned on and this is there answer to messing up the summer window, which is not the way you make decision.

You dont make a decision based on what you dont want (not getting a striker in the this window) you make a decision based on what you do want.

If this is what we really want then hell lets go for it. It just does not seem like it.

Its a punt, nothing more nothing less, he scores goals, granted in the Turkish league, but hes also got some goals at CL level, could go anyway and we wont know till we get him, hopefully he wont need a settling in period, but he may do.

Our options arent great, sure we can offer good dough to some players in certain leagues, but as I said the other day, the majority of a gamble, thats why Koeman wanted Giroud, hes not a gamble, but thats our only option, we get somebody at the wrong age or we take a punt and get somebody in that MIGHT do a job.

I cant stress what a piffling amount of dough 20m is in this day and age and how hard it is for a club like ours to "attract" proven quality players, its a very hard window to do business in, I can see us punting Sandro and Niasse in the next 2 windows, so this fella certainly wont be our only option for the next amount of years.

I of course have some major concerns, not least and people can accuse me of racism if they wish, but these Turkish fellas are moody buggers, hes got quite a terrible goal scoring record bar the last year or 2, so yeah, major concerns, but we need a number 9 and the fella seems like a decent chap, lets see how it goes innit. If nothing else at least the fella from Iceland will have somebody to hit!

A big yard dog who can bully a defender and hold the ball up

Big Sam and Gravy Train Steve are basically looking for Kevin Davies

Enjoy the Sam revolution, the fat turnip headed weapon
Yet some fans are loving it. Thinking fans of other clubs are in awe of the ‘Big Sam gameplan’.

Hate this football. Hate these targets.

Yet some fans are loving it. Thinking fans of other clubs are in awe of the ‘Big Sam gameplan’.

Hate this football. Hate these targets.

Our squad is so bad and we were certs to be relegated apparently. But good old sam beat Huddersfield, Swansea and Newcastle and scraped draws against the rest

Champions league form according to some

Looooooooolz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back