2018/19 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.

he doesn't really add anything to the team, seems like a decent guy and try's hard but he's the wrong type of striker to how we play

...I just think he’s ordinary but i’ve said that from when I first saw him.

Tosun lacks athleticism in a league where athleticism for a striker is a vital ingredient unless they’ve got outstanding technique. Tosun has not got outstanding technique, he’s just ordinary. Walsh signed him.

“Ordinary” is how I describe him. He’s not quick but not exactly slow. He’s ok at heading. His finishing isn’t bad. He’s fairly capable at passing. He’s just very ‘meh’.

Walsh has a lot to answer for. Our side was lumbered with slugs and crying out for pace & technique. Then he goes and adds this fella. Not Tosun's fault but he doesn't fit the bill for Brands & Silva's style. Hopefully someone comes in with an offer for him in Jan

Could be another player who we lose a lot of money on. I should imagine Besiktas would be interested in him but what can they afford... 10-12m absolute max surely??

The pace issue isn't a problem for me, it's that he doesn't occupy the defender's and drag them all over the shop. He's just too easy to mark

Could be another player who we lose a lot of money on. I should imagine Besiktas would be interested in him but what can they afford... 10-12m absolute max surely??

The pace issue isn't a problem for me, it's that he doesn't occupy the defender's and drag them all over the shop. He's just too easy to mark

...absolutely, and even if a club is able to meet our asking price, matching his wages will be a major problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.