Chang Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Far out boys the level of cynicism on here is just unbelievable.
Basically the money we are getting is on par with what our size and position would dictate.
On what basis do you think we should be getting more?
In addition we seemed to have developed a long standing football & charity relationship with Chang and Thailand. Surely that is worth something as well for both them and us?

Does this photo mean we are going to get the Chang logo on kids shirts again?

AP1_2632-6853743.jpg

I'd like to think so but I doubt it. I haven't bought the kids one for a while cos without the sponsor on there it just looks like a cheap knock off like you used to get from the market.

Basically the money we are getting is on par with what our size and position would dictate.
In addition we seemed to have developed a long standing football & charity relationship with Chang and Thailand. Surely that is worth something as well for both them and us?

Couldn't really care less about our relationship with a crap beer manufacturer.

We get about the same for the next three years as we did in 2010 when we agreed a fee of £12m, when you take into account inflation and all the rest of it. That's despite the Premier League growing constantly in markets like India and China, with a potential sponsorship reach that is ever increasing.

Newcastle got £10m a year from Virgin apparently. Since when does our position dictate we should get at least £4m a year less than those blerts ?

Heaven forbid as well that fans could expect we might actually exceed our own low expectations for once and sign a commercial deal that is really great.

Nothing satisfies but the average.

It's not cynicism though.

It's realism.

I'm not exactly @davek on here in terms of negativity but I don't see why they're making such a big exciting thing about this.

Yes it's an improvement on the previous deal (just) and yes there's the Thailand thing.

But it's not done too much good so far has it?! Maybe it has and I just don't know about it.

I just don't think I get the excitement about now having as good a deal as Sunderland.

Second rate deal for a second rate club. Unfortunately that's how the likes Elstone see us.

I wonder how much effort they actually put into securing a more lucrative deal. Probably the same amount they put into finding a new owner/investment.

So, now we have the Chang deal in place for the next 3 years, and a new kit sorted for next year there should be no reason why they can't get the new kit out at the start of the summer so everyone can buy it before they go on their holibobs instead of having to wait half way into the season to get their hands on one like most years!!!

Oh wait this is Everton we are talking about, if us fans are really lucky they might get the new kit into the shops in time for the Christmas rush but only in a size you don't want!!

So, now we have the Chang deal in place for the next 3 years, and a new kit sorted for next year there should be no reason why they can't get the new kit out at the start of the summer so everyone can buy it before they go on their holibobs instead of having to wait half way into the season to get their hands on one like most years!!!

Oh wait this is Everton we are talking about, if us fans are really lucky they might get the new kit into the shops in time for the Christmas rush but only in a size you don't want!!

I fairly sure they said the new home will be out fairly early.

We will never have Chang on kits kits as it's illegal, you no advertising alcohol on kids shirt.

If the FA ever get the non alcohol sponsors passed then we might see a bigger deal of someone.

I suppose we not qualified for Europe for a few years, as well as Everton probably get Chang a lot cheaper with this deal then they would from other beer companies.

Feels like it should be 10mil a year as we want to progress

I think there needs to be some perspective on this issue though. It's all fair and well saying we should have got more. I'm pretty certain kenwright and Elstone did not sit at the meeting to discuss sponsorship and the first offer that was put gto them, grinned like Cheshire cats , snatched the cash and ran.

I'm not their biggest fans but looking at other deals for instance, AC Milan have the tenth highest sponsor deal in world football which is 50 million over five years. This a club that regularly plays CL, signs some of the worlds best players and has exposure we can only dream about at present. Our deal is not as bad as being made out. Yes it is similar to Sunderland, Newcastle etc but what have we achieved in the last twenty years that's says we should be getting more?

Just genuinely interested to know why people are so outraged at what we have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back