Chang Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as an FYI, Liverpool are earning £16m a year for their training kit sponsorship with Garuda...

Keep up the sterling work Mr Elstone.

Where did you get that figure from as all the reports I sW, stated the financial side of the deal had not been disclosed? As below

27 January 2014 Last updated at 15:31
Share this page

Liverpool signs airline Garuda as training kit partner
_72553673_72553644.jpg
Liverpool has a large Asian fanbase
Continue reading the main story
Business of Sport
Liverpool Football Club has signed a deal with national airline Garuda Indonesia as its first training kit sponsor, in a two-year deal from June.

The financial size of the partnership is not being revealed.

The deal is similar to rival Manchester United, which also has separate match and training kit sponsors.

The move comes a week after the Anfield club said Vauxhall would replace former fellow GM subsidiary Chevrolet as the club's automotive partner.

The training kit deal follows an extensive pre-season 2013 tour by Liverpool to Asia and Australia.

The five-times European Cup winners have a strong presence in the region, with match kit sponsor, bank Standard Chartered, having extensive operations there.

The club - currently fourth in the Premier League - enjoys a huge fan base in Asia, including in Indonesia, where fans represent the biggest following on the club's Facebook page, at more than 1.5 million.

Where did you get that figure from as all the reports I sW, stated the financial side of the deal had not been disclosed? As below

27 January 2014 Last updated at 15:31
Share this page

Liverpool signs airline Garuda as training kit partner
_72553673_72553644.jpg
Liverpool has a large Asian fanbase
Continue reading the main story
Business of Sport
Liverpool Football Club has signed a deal with national airline Garuda Indonesia as its first training kit sponsor, in a two-year deal from June.

The financial size of the partnership is not being revealed.

The deal is similar to rival Manchester United, which also has separate match and training kit sponsors.

The move comes a week after the Anfield club said Vauxhall would replace former fellow GM subsidiary Chevrolet as the club's automotive partner.

The training kit deal follows an extensive pre-season 2013 tour by Liverpool to Asia and Australia.

The five-times European Cup winners have a strong presence in the region, with match kit sponsor, bank Standard Chartered, having extensive operations there.

The club - currently fourth in the Premier League - enjoys a huge fan base in Asia, including in Indonesia, where fans represent the biggest following on the club's Facebook page, at more than 1.5 million.

Andy Hunter from the Guardian tweeted the value.

I think there needs to be some perspective on this issue though. It's all fair and well saying we should have got more. I'm pretty certain kenwright and Elstone did not sit at the meeting to discuss sponsorship and the first offer that was put gto them, grinned like Cheshire cats , snatched the cash and ran.

I'm not their biggest fans but looking at other deals for instance, AC Milan have the tenth highest sponsor deal in world football which is 50 million over five years. This a club that regularly plays CL, signs some of the worlds best players and has exposure we can only dream about at present. Our deal is not as bad as being made out. Yes it is similar to Sunderland, Newcastle etc but what have we achieved in the last twenty years that's says we should be getting more?

Just genuinely interested to know why people are so outraged at what we have?

Newcastle got £10m a year with Virgin.

Nuff said.

Considering I have no idea what Chang get out of it it's a brilliant deal. Hardly ever see their product outside Goodison. They must be happy - possibly they gain more exposure back home with the deal - so that's good if it keeps them sponsoring us. You'd like to think we're high profile but that's not been the case since the NEC days.

Considering I have no idea what Chang get out of it it's a brilliant deal. Hardly ever see their product outside Goodison. They must be happy - possibly they gain more exposure back home with the deal - so that's good if it keeps them sponsoring us. You'd like to think we're high profile but that's not been the case since the NEC days.

Really? All supermarkets, small shops and bars/pubs sell it these day.

They had a 10 million a year deal, past tense. They are now pretty much the same as us at 5-6 million a year. That would suggest to me that Virgin realised it wasn't the greatest deal to have been made and decided not to renew.

Nuff said

So what you're saying is that a team who are currently two places below us and finished even lower last year are already getting what our new deal is worth MAX ?

Yeah, sound that. Well in Suntan Bob.

Newcastle at least had that £10m deal, when have our commercial bods ever exceeded themselves ?

So what you're saying is that a team who are currently two places below us and finished even lower last year are already getting what our new deal is worth MAX ?

Yeah, sound that. Well in Suntan Bob.

Newcastle at least had that £10m deal, when have our commercial bods ever exceeded themselves ?

Do you really think two places in the Premiership is going to make a big difference when negotiating a sponsorship deal...bloody hell. Well yeah now you put it like that we should be getting money by the lorry load.

You only have to compare the number of live appearances (plus CL games, all live on TV) for all the clubs in the PL to figure out the exposure we get is much lower than our rivals.

Man u new deal will be around 60 million a season, The rs get around 25 million a season and the next one will be much bigger. We're so far behind the top rich clubs, we have no chance of catching up, even the rs get more TV Money then us. Hate this side of football

Think we could have got more from the deal but definitely not anywhere near as much as what the Mancs are getting.

The piece in the Echo says doesn't say that the £16m is the max it says it can go beyond that with incremental success clauses, which sounds like the £16m is the MIN to me like.

We won't get more sponsorship money for 2 main reasons.

First...we aren't fashionable, we don't have world wide support from glory hunters and armchair fans, like Liverpool, who command huge sponsorship just from there name and history.

Second...we don't finish in the top 4. If we did for a couple of seasons the value we could demand would rise considerably.

So point one isn't going to happen....top 4 finishes are our only hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back