Transfer Rumour Che Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toffee TV reckon Che Adams is on £90k a week at Southampton, IF that is true that is insane and we should swerve. We`d be paying £100k a week on a player that is affectively a back up and isn`t a player which suits us.

There's no way on earth he's on that.
1) Southampton don't pay big wages
2) He is on the same contract he was on when he signed from the championship, 4 years ago.
3) He will likely have a reduction clause.

There's not a world where they paid a 23 year old, from Birmingham 90k p/w.

I would imagine he is on 50k p/w ish (pre reduction), which finnily enough is where I'd estimate Maupay.

Unless it is rejected over the amount we are paying upfront, that is genuinely outrageous to suggest he is worth more than that given his ability (or lack thereof) and the fact he has 1 year left on his contract.

I obviously don't want him anywhere near the club, but if this isn't an issue over the structure of the deal, we seriously need to walk away.
It's obvious that Southampton value him as an important player and it isn't unusual for selling clubs to reject the first bid in any event. I reckon an extra 'sweetener' on top of the £12m should be enough. Certainly I don't really think we should be going beyond £15m personally..

This smells of faff around and then give up and go for beto etc on the last few days only for no-one to want to do business so late in the window as they would need a replacement. Clockwork.

There's no way on earth he's on that.
1) Southampton don't pay big wages
2) He is on the same contract he was on when he signed from the championship, 4 years ago.
3) He will likely have a reduction clause.

There's not a world where they paid a 23 year old, from Birmingham 90k p/w.

I would imagine he is on 50k p/w ish (pre reduction), which finnily enough is where I'd estimate Maupay.
I think it’s unlikely he’s on 90 too, but the highlighted parts are misleading. Mason Holgate wasn’t on 73k when he signed his current deal either.

Knowing how we operate, I suspect we are offering a lot less down than speculated.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if it was nothing this year, and maybe 2.5 million a year for the next 3, with then a load of unlikely add ons getting it to 12. Or 1m down with 2m a year for the next 3 years. The way we are structuring deals makes it very hard to close.

Status
Not open for further replies.