Match Thread Chelsea v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going with 2 - 1 Victory to Chelsea. I would be satisfied with this as they are a top 4 team.

All i want to see is that we play good football and create a few chances. Continue to improve as we have been doing. Let's just not make a fool of our selves haha.

But let us go there and cause some trouble for them and get a goal!

I am going with 2 - 1 Victory to Chelsea. I would be satisfied with this as they are a top 4 team.

All i want to see is that we play good football and create a few chances. Continue to improve as we have been doing. Let's just not make a fool of our selves haha.

I am with you on this one. Cannot see us beating them if totally honest but a good display and causing Chelsea problems will also be a sign of progress. We have players that can hurt them like they have players that can hurt us. Looking forward to it though.

Unsure how this one could go. Don't see us winning, a little early in our stage of development I feel but a middling chance of a draw. Considering we have several players who won't have played chelsea away (for everton at least) before or if they have it may only be once, hopefully the longstanding defeatist mentality will be absent.
The limp 0-5 Saturday evening game under Koeman feels a long way off now.

One of those expecting the worst but thinking we can get something , good thing is looking forward to the game as we will give them a run for their money !

Last edited:

what a weird outlook, why would you be satisfied by getting beat regardless who we play

defeatist attitude that has plagued our club for a long time

don't get me wrong we shouldn't expect to win these games as Chelsea are clearly the better team, but should still be disappointed when we don't win

Same team again, except for Mina's competitive debut:

Pickford
Coleman Keane Mina Digne
Gana Gomes Sigurdsson
Walcott Richarlison Bernard

If Walcott doesn't have a good game I think it will be time for Lookman to come in against Cardiff.

They're not untouchable. For 10 minutes after Palace equalized on Sunday, there was only one team in it. I have confidence we will be competetive here, one of these days we'll win one of these, which will be a real turning point. Let's hope it's this one.

Would like to see us get a point at least. 2 of the top sides away so far with nothing to show for it despite deserving more. Granted Chelsea are the best we’ll have played so far...

Pickford

Coleman - Keane - Mina - Digne

Gana - Gomes

Walcott - Sigurdsson - Bernard

Richarlison

Be very surprised if this wasn't the team, virtually picks itself this week. Think Chelsea have the most dangerous attack after City these days especially when Hazard is bang in form. Be very pleased if we managed a point.

Shame they are 6 points clear in their group stage as they can effectively play their under 12's tomorrow night.

If they did play 4-5 of their regular starters I hope they are not fully at the races Sunday and we can nick a result.

Head says 3-1 Chelsea
Heart says 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back