Match Thread Chelsea v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20181107-172950_Chrome.webp

I don't think Chelsea's defense will be able to cope with our attack, nor we with theirs. Looks like one for the pools coupon 2-2
Mina to start the only change.
You could be right on this, may be worth a bet on 1-1 or 2-2 ? We must be able to take the chances which come our way so that we are always in the game to the end

11 (that's Eleven) prem games into the season with a new manager, DOF, and a number of astute signings. One game at a time before even speculating on where we will finish..cautiously optimistic about this game if the attitude shown so far continues.

Be funny when Silva opts to start Jags
In the white hot furnace of Stamford Bridge, I could understand Silva desiring Capt Jags' unparalleled leadership qualities. The steel that Capt Jags lends Everton's spine cannot be over-estimated. Shrewd move from Marco imo, not only because of Capt Jags' aforementioned qualities, but also to prevent the trouble Capt Jags (and Bainesy) are likely fomenting behind the scenes, designed to get their manager the sack.
It appears to me that Marco is familiar with the old proverb: keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

I'm expecting an entertaining game but there's only about 10% chance of us getting anything points-wise. Aiding this prediction is my belief that there's a very high probability (75%ish) that Chelsea get a penalty....especially if we are playing well. Sorry to sound so cynical, but money talks and, as regards the SKY5*, the spice must flow.

*I omit Spurs...they're not in the 'chosen elite'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back