Match Thread Chelsea v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We will beat a top four side soon, it might be Chelsea this weekend. While I would love to take a point or three from Chelsea I think I would be content to see us having a go at them. While I never think a defeat is acceptable, they are going to happen I just prefer to see us going down while trying to win rather than seeing us capitulate while trying not to lose.

I feel positive vibes at goodison nowadays & an optimism not rivaled for decades, Silva is building his team & the future looks bright.

The current team are growing & will I am sure provide good entertainment & top 7 finish...

We are still a few players short at present, but things are coming on nicely under Marco Silva during the first season of his tenure...

I feel we can easily compete with them, I just dont have any faith we wont be screwed by the referee again. We certainly have the ability to score 3 on them, its just up to whether we finish, and we have the ability to hold them to one guaranteed set piece goal, but again, up to making some clutch plays.

We're improving, full of confidence, and I think we're a little bit better than we're given credit for.
Hit them on the break, 2-3 Everton

1-0 Chelsea as Barkley fumbles a ball across the line from an offside position late on
It would keep with the current trend of us getting one decision that could easily be corrected by VAR to go against us at every "big 6" ground in the last season before VAR is put in.

Heart says 3-2 blues.
Head says 3-1 Chelsea

Hazard is in the team for tonight so looks to be fully fit again having also played a bit Sunday.

Willian is class and morata is scoring.

The thing is, if we go at them, most of them don’t like a fight.

In the white hot furnace of Stamford Bridge, I could understand Silva desiring Capt Jags' unparalleled leadership qualities. The steel that Capt Jags lends Everton's spine cannot be over-estimated. Shrewd move from Marco imo, not only because of Capt Jags' aforementioned qualities, but also to prevent the trouble Capt Jags (and Bainesy) are likely fomenting behind the scenes, designed to get their manager the sack.
It appears to me that Marco is familiar with the old proverb: keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.
Jags will use his mastery of disguise to get on the Chelsea bench alongside Edin Hazard. Then, when he's about to come on when we're a goal up with 30 minutes to play, he'll fall flat on his face, breaking his nose in the process. Then the inquest starts, who tied his laces together, and why has that sub who was sitting next to Edin vanished?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back