• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

CL Final Inter Milan v Man City. Saturday 10th June 8pm KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
So long as they wrap it up, there is no need to stockpile much more talent whilst paying off the books, so other sides have a chance at a few players. Imagine they don't win it? What players are left to sign somehow?

Correct mate.

City were a flag of convenience for us in those recent seasons when they kept Liverpool from winning a few titles.

Now Lverpool are utter muck you have to ask yourself why on earth people are still crowing at any trophy they win.

They are a financially doped football club buying their way into the record books.
Can see the Premier League trying to hamstring City in the near future. The league is turning into a procession each year now with the most supported and most profitable clubs for the League i.e Utd Arsenal etc barely getting a look in. City are terrible for the Premier League product with a relatively small supporter base and global reach.

City just won their ninth league title this season, drawing level with us. Don’t understand why people still frame the City narrative as being good for us. They are surpassing clubs like ours through cheating.

I also could totally see City and possibly Newcastle finally forcing football’s hand into some drastic measures, which could probably be awful for us and would permanently seal the glass ceiling above us with concrete.

So with that said, Forza Inter.
Lol, who are the saints at fifa, UEFA, PL that are gonna cap the money? They want as much flooding in as poss to fill their pockets with the over spill, sports disgusting.

If you're Inter you just have to hope that either City have a massive, massive off day, or that some huge decision goes in your favour such as an early red card for City. Can't look past City 99 times out of 100 here, and probably minus two goals too if you're a betting man, which I am not.

The rs will hate it if city win the treble,
They don't want them or any English team to win in Europe ( including England) In case there self appointed European royalty title is threatened
Is that surprising? Its not like Barca or Atletico fans wants Real to win (or vice versa). In same way Juve and Milan fans now probably praying to every Saint they know for City to win.

Even here in my small country of 4 million there are enormous rivalry between club from the continent (Dinamo Zagreb) and clubs from the Adriatic cost. Sooner would hell freeze over before rival would support each other clubs, even when playing against foreigners.
Even national team is often the battleground, there is a lot of hate for Luka Modric for example here on the coast.

Can see the Premier League trying to hamstring City in the near future. The league is turning into a procession each year now with the most supported and most profitable clubs for the League i.e Utd Arsenal etc barely getting a look in. City are terrible for the Premier League product with a relatively small supporter base and global reach.
I hope they and the other scab clubs GTF in some sooper dooper league organised by human rights destroying corporation.

Leave the rest of us in peace.

Is that surprising? Its not like Barca or Atletico fans wants Real to win (or vice versa). In same way Juve and Milan fans now probably praying to every Saint they know for City to win.

Even here in my small country of 4 million there are enormous rivalry between club from the continent (Dinamo Zagreb) and clubs from the Adriatic cost. Sooner would hell freeze over before rival would support each other clubs, even when playing against foreigners.
Even national team is often the battleground, there is a lot of hate for Luka Modric for example here on the coast.
Personally I want all English teams to do well in Europe except liverpool but I see your point

People thought Liverpool dominance wouldn't end, then they thought Man Utd dominance wouldn't end, then they thought Chelsea were ruining football and they'd be the next club whose dominance might not end.

Everyone talking about city winning everything for the past few years. They still haven't won any version of a European trophy yet.

Man Utd and Chelsea have spent huge sums and have got absolutely nowhere near them. While we're spent £500m on mediocre players.

Cities dominance depends on whether Pep stays. He's their Alex Ferguson. And City are so much better to watch than Chelsea under Mourinho.

Was terribly disappointed when the SuperTopLeague crumbled.
I was. Absolutley gutted.

It woud have been a disaster and they'd have ruined their legacy for all time.

We still might see it. Yank cash into the PL means they wont tolerate collective bargaining on PL tv rights for very long. They'll push for an alternative source of media revenue.

This game is played on neutral ground, City were not all that great in away games (Leipzig, Real and Bayern were draws), game against United last Saturday also showed you can play against them.

Midfield gonna be crucial, Inter simply cannot allow City to force their style so dominantly like they did against Real in that 4-0 drubbing. It gonna help they got players there who can run (Brozovic, Barella) unlike Real ancients. Their attack with Lautaro Martinez and Lukaku (who finally found the form in last two months) can certainly hurt City.

But if Inter decide to park the bus from the start, that not gonna end well.

This game is played on neutral ground, City were not all that great in away games (Leipzig, Real and Bayern were draws), game against United last Saturday also showed you can play against them.

Midfield gonna be crucial, Inter simply cannot allow City to force their style so dominantly like they did against Real in that 4-0 drubbing. It gonna help they got players there who can run (Brozovic, Barella) unlike Real ancients. Their attack with Lautaro Martinez and Lukaku (who finally found the form in last two months) can certainly hurt City.

But if Inter decide to park the bus from the start, that not gonna end well.
I can see Dzeko starting over Lukaku.

Good to see that, though both play in blue, UEFA have agreed to allow them both to wear their home kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back