• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

CL Final Inter Milan v Man City. Saturday 10th June 8pm KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
What should be done?
Stop selling the game to the highest bidder. It is possible if there is the political will. In Germany, for example, a City or PSG or Newcastle could not happen. But UEFA is now in cahoots with all of this, so nothing will be done. That's why I find tonight depressing.

Not the best game, but City are the best football team in Europe right now, and deserve it based on that.

You can make a case for them being financially doped, but let’s be honest, the game as a whole is rotten and has been for a while now; teams like City are just the inevitable result.

lad I'd take money directly off Hitler if it led to Everton winning the champions league, I'm not gonna pretend city fans are worse than us for being happy their team are good
Neither am I. But neither do I think tonight is an uplifting experience in any way.

Stop selling the game to the highest bidder. It is possible if there is the political will. In Germany, for example, a City or PSG or Newcastle could not happen. But UEFA is now in cahoots with all of this, so nothing will be done. That's why I find tonight depressing.

FxJQ_0KWIAk209C.jpg:large

Not the best game, but City are the best football team in Europe right now, and deserve it based on that.

You can make a case for them being financially doped, but let’s be honest, the game as a whole is rotten and has been for a while now; teams like City are just the inevitable result.
I have less problem with them being financially doped - actually, they've spent it well - than I do the source of the doping.

They certainly stopped Citeh playing their usual game which many try, but not many do (apart from Brentford)
Played a bit themselves to be fair
More shots and more shots on target than City, thought they deserved to bring it to extra time and were unlucky not to do so

It was by no means the backs to the wall display that was predicted

Not really arsed about Man City winning but I find the whole morale panic about them "buying success" to be laughable. As if the likes of the RS and Man Utd haven't been doing the same thing for decades before Man City joined the party and took it up a notch. Don't blame them for being smart enough to exploit a system that they (along with the rest of us) had pushed on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back