• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

CL Final Inter Milan v Man City. Saturday 10th June 8pm KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop selling the game to the highest bidder. It is possible if there is the political will. In Germany, for example, a City or PSG or Newcastle could not happen. But UEFA is now in cahoots with all of this, so nothing will be done. That's why I find tonight depressing.
No, us on here I mean. The people you can't believe are ok with it.

What should we do?

Honestly I’m delighted for City. I could not be arsed about football outside of Everton but they’re probably my second favourite team in the league simply because they did exactly what we’d love to have done. They went in from nothing and disrupted the “elite”. The players genuinely seem like great lads as is Pep, who is simply among the best of all time.

Yeah they’re cheats, who isn’t in this league? Every top side in this league has been a cheat in success, very plain to see, ffs we’re clearly cheats as well, we’re just bloody awful at it. Delighted for their fans who’ve had a long time coming of it who’ve supported the club before the money, despite their success they have no ego as a fanbase, if anything they’re far too humble, they’re constantly disrespected for a team that has been unbelievable and consistent for a decade plus.

Stop selling the game to the highest bidder. It is possible if there is the political will. In Germany, for example, a City or PSG or Newcastle could not happen. But UEFA is now in cahoots with all of this, so nothing will be done. That's why I find tonight depressing.
Germany goes too far in the other direction IMO

Neither am I. But neither do I think tonight is an uplifting experience in any way.
Don't think anyone here feels it's uplifting. We watched a pretty dull game, the best team won. It was fine. Main perk will be Liverpool and United fans pissboiling. City aren't mates of ours by any means.

Guardiola to leave possibly…
I wouldn't if I was him .. I think he'll try for a hatrick now. Perhaps leave at the end of next season if they dont win it again.

He wont be short of offers thats for sure. Perhaps USA beckons with a chance for an ownership buy-in etc

Some people seem to be struggling with the idea that others have no problem with City - or anybody else - dominating, but struggle with how that domination is funded. That is, on the backs of people stripped of human rights.

No, us on here I mean. The people you can't believe are ok with it.

What should we do?
I can only speak for myself. I find myself turning off football, reducing subscriptions, taking up other pursuits. I love the game - I have 1,000 DVDs of football matches, so I'm a fanatic - but I am losing interest rapidly. I will always follow it, but I am drifting away or at least searching out the more uplifting stories lower down the football ladder for my kicks.

I wouldn't if I was him .. I think he'll try for a hatrick now. Perhaps leave at the end of next season if they dont win it again.

He wont be short of offers thats for sure. Perhaps USA beckons with a chance for an ownership buy-in etc
I could be wrong but I don’t see where else he could go from here in club football. If he stays in club football he might as well stay where he is and create a dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back